Chapter~Five

Dan's P.O.V
"Seventy-eight more days."

My mum smiles as I take a sip from my tea I nod my head grinning at her taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Yep I'm so ready for it if there was a fast forward button I would have pressed it already."

"I felt the same way when I was waiting to marry your father I so wish he could be here to see you get married."

"I do too mum I miss him so much there isn't a day that has gone by where I don't think about him."

"Trust me love I know how you feel some mornings I wake up and roll over to kiss him good morning; but then I see his empty pillow and reality washes over me that he's gone."

"I wish there was more we could have done for him."

"We all do love but anyway he's hopefully happy wherever he is and I know he's watching over us just like he promised."

Smiling I nod wiping her cheeks and kissing her head we finish eating before walking back to my car. I drop her off at home then drive back to the office so I can get some work done. When I walk out of the elevator Janet smiles waving.

"Hello Mr. Howell how was lunch?"

"It was nice I took my mother out we had a good time catching up I want to get some work done. Could you give Phil a message for me ask if he'll come to my office in about an hour?"

"Of course I'll take messages and hold your calls so you can get some work done."

"Thank you."

I go into my office sitting behind the desk turning my computer on I begin working on some emails and reports.

*Flashback*

"Come on Danny boy just try once more if you don't get it we can stop and try more tomorrow alright?"

"Okay daddy."

I take a breath sitting up straight on my bike as he holds the seat I start pedaling as he runs after me.

"Don't let go yet."

"I won't son I promise."

We make it farther down the sidewalk I take a deep breath before telling him to let go I pedal my legs and I sit up a little more when the bike wobbles.

"Look at you go Dan you're doing great and slowly push your breaks and stop pedaling like I taught you."

"Okay."

I slowly push the brake coming to a stop I carefully climb off the bike and my dad runs over smiling. He picks me up spinning me I smile squealing.

"You did great Dan I'm so proud of you let go get some ice cream as a treat."

"Yay thank you for your help."

"You're welcome buddy I love you son."

"I love you too daddy."
*End of flashback*

I sniffle wiping my face when I hear a knock on my door blowing my nose I cough.

"Come in."

The door opens and Phil walks in his smile fading when he sees me.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"Oh just thinking about my dad I met my mum for lunch and we started talking about him. I was just trying to get some work done and my mind wondered."

I take his hand pulling him onto my lap I lay my head in his neck as he rubs my shoulder kissing my head.

"He would be so proud of you love I know it."

"I hope so all I wanted was for him to be proud of me I know he was when he was alive I just hope he still is.

Sighing I look up at Phil when he tilts my chin up kissing my mouth softly.

"Dan he is very proud of you and so am I you do so much for so many people a lot more then when I first met you."

"Really?"

"Of course babe."

"I don't know what I did to deserve to have you love me but I am beyond happy you do. You're what keeps me grounded keeps me from losing my head."

"Because you're the best thing to happen to me I love you Dan Howell and I will for the rest of my life."