Chapter~Seventeen

*Their outfits for today and their hair styles except Dan's is slightly longer just a little.*
Phil's P.O.V

I smile bouncing my leg as we wait for the lawyer and Elizabeth to show up in the past three days Dan and I have bought a bunch of girl clothes diapers, wipes and a bassinet. We aren't sure what all we need so I let the word slip to Janet; who said she would take care of everything when we have the party to introduce Elizabeth to our families and some close friends. 

"I'm really excited."

I tell Dan who's sitting next to me with his arm tightly around my waist smiling he kisses my cheek.

"Trust me darling I know you are you haven't been able to sit still all morning."

"Do you think she'll like us she'll definitely love you but what about me do you think I'll be good enough for her?"

"Phil why are you doubting yourself so much she is going to love and adore you just as I do now shh just relax these are our last few moments of freedom from parenthood for the next eighteen years."

Smiling I kiss his mouth laying my head on his shoulder he kisses my head looking at me.

"We'll still have sex right?"

"Dan!"

"What I just want you to be sure."

"Of course we will just not as frequent since we'll have a baby now."

"Then whenever we do I'll have to make sure you'll remember it."

He grins kissing my neck I blush turning my head to look at him as he chuckles.

"Not here Dan someone might see us."

Nodding Dan takes my hand lacing our fingers and I smile looking at his ring.

"Sorry we took so long Elizabeth needed a changing and I had to have one of the secretaries help."

"That's alright I smile before we turn to look at the little girl laying in the car seat fast asleep. (Pic from google.)

"She's beautiful

"She's beautiful."

I whisper crouching down to look at her Dave smiles nodding as he hands us a small diaper bag. 

"Now we need to see you car and a social worker will be out to see that your house is proper."

"Alright we look forward to it thank you so much."

Dan smiles as we show Dave out to our car so he can inspect it over I keep a hold of Elizabeth's car seat taking care not to wake her.

"Everything looks perfect thank you for your patience these past few days."

"It was no trouble thank you for everything."

I smile we get Elizabeth buckled up before we get in the front seats I continue to glance at her and Dan smiles.

"Go ahead back there love."

"Thank you."

Kissing his cheek I get in the back seat on the other side buckling up before he pulls out of the parking lot on the way back to the house.

"She's so beautiful Dan her hair is such a pretty shade of brown I can't wait to see the color of her eyes."

"She is very beautiful I hope she's a good baby."

"I'm sure she will be."

Looking back at her I lean over gently kissing her forehead before leaning back against the seat watching the buildings and people go by. When we arrive home I carry her car seat inside and Dan has Rex sit so he can smell Elizabeth. We watch carefully as he sniffs her standing still before his tail wags happily I let out a big sigh.

"Do you like her?"

Dan asks petting his head as Rex wags his tail plopping his bottom on the floor so Dan can pet him more. I carry Elizabeth upstairs to lay her in the bassinet so she'll be more comfortable I carefully unbuckle her. Picking her up I lay her down covering her up smiling as my heart swells.

"Welcome home Elizabeth Howell."

Walking into the bathroom I change into more comfortable clothes to relax in when I walk out I see Dan standing looking over her. When he sees me he sits down on the bed patting it I walk over crawling on it and he lays on his back holding out his arm. I lay against his chest snuggling closer to him.

"Are you happy Phil?"

"I'm so very happy thank you so much Dan I still can't believe we now have a daughter."

"Only one thing worries me."

"What's that?"

"How overboard our mum's are going to go with baby things we won't have any room in the nursery."

I chuckle softly kissing his mouth as he rubs his hand up and down my back we spend the next hour laying in silence exchanging kisses here and there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm loving this so much I'm excited for the adventure of Daddy Dan and Phil :)