Gabriel would've told me.

"I'll be okay," I assured and pulled away sending him a smile then looked at the others in the car, "Tate should drive me home... if not, I'll call one of you."

"See ya later!" Damian shouted out the window as Skylar along with Gabriel waved.

I took a breath before walking up to Tate's door and knocking a few times. There was a shout and the the door slung open earning me with a shirtless future ex-boyfriend. The house smelled of smoke which I'm guessing he burnt something since he's against cigarettes and the house was silent.

"Hey, Tate." I said finally and regretted it immediately when the air was filled with more awkward tension.

"Babe," Tate leaned down to kiss my mouth but I turned in time for his lips to fall onto my cheek. I shook my head.

I cleared my throat, "Uh... no, actually, we need to talk about something."

He looked hurt but nodded anyways, gesturing to come in and I hesitated.

Something in me was screaming to get away. The situation seemed wrong, it was as if someone was screaming for the dumb girl not to open the basement door in a horror movie.

"Thank you," I said and stepped inside, deciding in was just being paranoid. I'll be fine, we're just breaking up.

"Listen, Tate..." I started off slowly, looking at him frown like he knew what was coming, "I just– I don't think this is going to work."

"You're breaking up with me?" He questioned sadly.

"Yes, but... that doesn't mean we can't be friends –"

"Yes, it does! God, you're so stupid. Of course we can't be friends!" Tate yelled now pacing back and forth.

"Calm down, Tate! I'm sorry... I just... I don't think you're the one, okay? I thought I could love you but I can't, my heart is already taken by someone else!" I said, trying to get through to him.

His fist swung onto the wall making me gape at the hole that broke into it. Oh... maybe this was. a bad idea – this was a really bad idea.

I backed away, tot he front door, grabbing the handle behind my back.

"Listen, Tate... I'm so sorry but I need to get home now. My friends will be worried, m-my pet rock might need fed and maybe I could work on that art project Tyler and I never do–"

A hot pain cut across my cheek making my head snap to the right and blood spill from my mouth. I gasped, holding my cheek pulling my head up to look at Tate's demanding figure in front of me.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere."

"Wha-what do you mean?"

Tate smiled but it didn't send me butterflies like it used to or warm my heart, but instead, this time it sent chills down my spine and fear down my throat.

"Are you deaf?" Tate laughed coldly and even threw his head back as if it were the funniest thing in the world; me asking him what.

The laughing stopped as Tate wiped the tears from his eyes and stared at my face. He shook his head, a small grin on his face and half way through blinking I felt a heavy object slam down on my head.

I clutched the top of my head, my body curling up as my legs fell forward and the last thing I remembered was Tate sending a hard stomp on my back.

Why does everything hurt? I groaned silently, it felt like I was tied down to something with a cold metal rope. I rolled my heads back only to hit something solid that made me cringe but it somehow woke me up from my daze and panic filled my lungs.