The Date

(Kris)

I laughed at Dad's joke even though it wasn't funny. What? Mom and Dad haven't been home in almost a month, their career's taking off. Just like they wanted.

"You know Kris, you got your license not too long ago..." Dad said, lifting his scotch to his chapped lips.

"Yeah! My baby did good!" Mom practically screamed, hugging me to her chest tightly. "I'm so proud of you!"

I blushed, trying to get her off me. "Mom!"

She pulled back, squishing my face with her hands as she cooed. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too," I mumbled and she finally let go of me completely.

"Kris, could you go get one of my bags from the car?" My father asked, "Seems I left it in there."

I nodded. "Sure thing, is it unlocked?"

He nodded his head and I ran outside heading for the parking lot when I gasped, dropping my arms to my sides. A hand fell on my shoulder and I looked to the side to see Dad smiling.

"It's all yours." He stated making break into a grin and run over to it.

And by 'it' I mean a big beautiful red minivan. Of course I don't know what brand, but who cares? It's beautiful! The car material was shiny and you could see your reflection in it, the windows being squeaky clean.

"Ooh, picture time!" Mom squealed, getting out the newest edition to her camera collection. Well, they are photographers.

Mom put the camera on the stand made for it making it count down to three as she ran up beside Dad and I, all of in front of my new car. Dad wrapped an arm an arm around my shoulder, Mom standing next to him, beaming.

A big flash goes off making me blind.

I open my eyes... wait, where am I?

"Kris, pull over. Now." My mother ordered but I ignored her. I could do this, driving in the rain isn't some huge obstacle.

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine, I'm fi--"

The car swerves, loud thunder goes off making me jump and hit the gas pedal by mistake. The rain hits to fast on the windshield, blinding me and the window wipers weren't working so well.

"Okay, I'm pulling over!" I yell at my parents, shaking my head as I try to see where I'm going.

Another strike of lightning makes me jump, turning the car by mistake. Why is this happening to me?! I try to stop the car but the breaks aren't working, why aren't they working?! I look at everything, it's like it's all in slow motion. My mother calling my name, my dad shaking me with my forearm.

"He's having a seizure!" My mom sobs but all I can do is look at her. Is this really how I'm going to die?

"Kris, Kris?! Son, you're in shock, snap out of it!" Dad yells at me, moving me back and forth harshly.

The car jerks and I cry out in pain as I'm jerked to the side, slamming against my car door.

A pain soared through my shoulder, glass digging into my back as I gasp, my eyes springing open.

I breathe heavily seeing Gabriel in front of me.

"Kris?" Gabriel asked, putting his hand on my scarred shoulder.