In Love

(Kris)

         I pulled at my loose grey sweater that fit perfectly with my white skinny jeans, grey beanie, and black toms. I smiled to myself, I look good today, for once.

"Mr. Sullivan, no humming in the library!" The librarian pointed a ruler my way.

I would say she's on her period but I doubt that lasts your entire life.

       Ugh, she is the reason evil is evil.

Her brown grayish hair was pulled into a tight bun making her eye wrinkles look tight on her face. Her eyes looked to be almost black and as boring as her attire: a brown gown that she wore under a long grey blazer with a pair of tan pantie hose and black boots.

A 5-Star Notebook slammed beside me along with a pink frilly scarf. "The line took forever, just for a bottle of water too!"

I smiled. "Hey, Gabby!"

"Never call me that again." He sat down beside me giving me a better look at his outfit for the day.

He wore a pink sweatshirt that reached a little past his waist, blue Jean shorts with black leggings underneath and a pair of black winter boots. He looked cute as always.

"Gabby!" I jumped up and down in my seat doing a clap.

"I will bite you, young one." He glared.

I pouted, "But ... Gabby-"

"Mr. Sullivan, Mr. McQueen! Stop talking or I will ban you from the school library for a month!" The librarian snapped at me again.

We waited to talk after a few minutes when I broke the silence after I saw how glum Gabriel looked. "Hey, are you okay?"

He shook his head forcing a smile as he whispered back, "Uh ... yeah, why?"

"Liar."

He bit his lip. "Why would I lie?"

I pretended to think. "Hmm ... I don't know, why don't you tell me?"

"Uh, yeah. Anyways, Kris, want to come over later?" He laughed silently.

"Ooh, really? Can I catch a ride with you then?"

"Yes, my mom's picking me up and she already knows I'm asking you so don't worry." Gabriel smiled showing his dimples.

I grinned, still whispering. "Yay! Aha, this is so boring. I hate this period ..."

"Me too, the librarian is so mean."

"Hey, I got an idea." I did a quiet laugh making sure the librarian couldn't hear me.

Gabriel leaned forward, whispering again. "Well, let's see it in action!"

"That's up to you!" I silently screamed.

"Huh?"

I leaned over towards him still making sure the librarian couldn't see me. "How much you want to get out of here?"

"Uh, pretty badly, why?"

"Good," I smiled standing up. "Facebook!"

I threw a book a Gabriel's face but he quickly dodged it. "Oh, you are so dead!" He screamed as he grabbed Moby Dick and threw it at my stomach.

I sadly did not dodge that and threw a book at his chest and took of running down through the book shelves with the librarian shouting at us. I held my breath as I heard: "Marco!"

"Mr. McQueen, get back here!" The scratchy voice yelled for Gabriel but he was probably outrunning her. Okay, that was misleading, he had to be out running her.