Meet My Boyfriend

Kris

I keep having the most awkward moments with Tyler. Awkward gay moments. It's killing me.

I pout and ran a hand through my hair. Why does he have to be so tempting? He's better than fresh chocolate chip cookies. My date was only a few days ago yet all I could think about was TylerTylerTyler.

My phone went off and I turned the alarm off. Throwing the covers off, I stripped my pajamas off and traded them for something much more appropriate for school.

"Good morning." I grinned at my reflection. My gray sweater and dark skinny jeans looked awesome with my converse.

My phone dinged.

Tyler: want a ride to school? It's cold out lol

Heart pounding, I tried to come up with an answer. I never would have thought we could talk like this but here we are.

Kris: If you don't mind

After several times trying to get the text right, I finally hit send. My reply wasn't the best though. Before I could overthink it any further, he responded.

Tyler: I'm on my way. :)

      I grinned as I stared at the text. The urge to dance around overwhelmed me— so I did. It took a few moments of awesome break moves before I settled down.

Okay. I straightened my clothes. Maybe I shouldn't get too carried away here... he was driving me to school, it wasn't like it was a date, like the date I had with Tate. Okay, that rhymed. Weird.

With only my books and a chocolate muffin, I headed outside and sat on the porch steps. My food was long gone by the time Tyler arrived.

"Hey, short stuff," Tyler said as I got into the passenger's seat. "Ready?"

"I'm not short."

"And I'm a lesbian," He said.

I gasped. "You are?"

He turned the radio on to ignore me, but jokes on him, I knew every word. It didn't take long for him to turn the radio back off.

The old school building came into view, a black sign reading off upcoming events. As soon as Tyler parked the car, I was out of there. He didn't like being seen with me anyways. I hurried down the school hallway when Gabriel grabbed me.

"Is someone chasing you? Or is the cafeteria selling milkshakes again?" Gabriel looked stunning yet casual at the same time. He wore a turtle neck under a bomber jacket, his black cargo pants went down into his boots, that added to his height.

"I love your outfit—"

"Thanks!" He beamed.

"— and I guess I'm just nervous since my boyfriend is coming to lunch."

"Really? It's just a guy." Gabriel laughed. "Have you guys had sex yet?"

"What? No!" My face burned.

"Wait. Are you a virgin? Oh my god, you are." He covered his mouth.

"So?! I'm waiting for the right person. Have you seen our school? Not many options."

"It's fine," Gabriel rolled his eyes. "It's not a big deal. It's kinda cute."

"Don't act like I'm a baby just because I'm not doing the dirty!"

"I act like you're a baby because anytime we watch a movie with a sex scene you shove the cover over your head like it's Freddy Krueger."

"So?" My face burned. It was just how I was raised, to cover my eyes during sex scenes. I just seemed to never grow out of it.