Clash of Thunder

Tyler

"Kris was all sorry I'm not a charity case and left all mad. I feel like an asshole," I told my best friend while we sat at the picnic table outside the cafeteria. He ate beside me, black hair a mess and bright blue eyes narrowed.

Skylar whacked the back of my head. "You are an asshole."

I groaned. "I know. I know, okay? I'm an idiot. A girl asked me about him and I panicked. You're the only one who knows me out of this jock strap, okay that came out gross, but I don't want people to think I'm a queer—"

Skylar whacked me again.

"—Ow! What the fuck?"

"Stop calling gay people queers. Sexuality isn't a big deal."

"It is! I'm straight!"

He rolled his eyes, "You hurt Kris. How would you feel if you heard him talking shit about you?"

"...Bad." I looked at the grass.

Skylar nodded slightly. "See, you were being a jerk over a stupid high school reputation."

        The bell rang.

       Skylar smiled and patted my back. "I better go, see you, Tyler." He made his way to the entrance but before he went inside he said, "Oh, and Tyler? I never said you weren't straight." He smirked at my shocked face and shut the door behind him.

        I groaned. Fuck. Am I questioning my sexuality? No way. Of course not. I'm just upset about hurting Kris's feelings, Kris who is gay. That has to be it.

When I hurry back into the school building, a bunch of girls run up to me in a giggling fit. Usually I'd feel like a king, but now I just found them annoying.

"We heard about what you said about Kris," A brunette laughed and stuck out her breast. Was that supposed to be attractive? Why was she trying to seduce me in the lunch room?

Another girl, strawberry blonde smirked. "He's going to rot in hell."

What the fuck?

"Ok..." I cringed when the two girls pressed themselves against me. Was I ever into this before? Did they think this would make me all hot and bothered at fucking school of all places?

       My eyes swept across the cafeteria and focused on Kris reading to himself at a lunch table. I smiled a little.

Pushing the girls away, I grinned. "Excuse me, girls. I have some unfinished business to do."

        They pouted but then followed my gaze over to Kris and smirked.

"Be careful," Brown-hair-girl said.

Right before I made my way completely to him she adds, "Don't look at him or you're a faggot— he said so this morning!"

Rolling my eyes, I covered them with one hand and sat next to him. I touched his arm and shook it.

"Kris—"

He slammed the book on the table.

"What? What do you want? We're not friends. You don't care about me. I wasn't nothing to with you— nothing from you." He snapped. "Haven't you done enough? You outed me years ago and I wasn't even ready! The whole school knew I was gay before I did! Just— just leave me alone."

My chest hurt. I peeked through my fingers to see him glaring down at his his hand gripping his book. I wanted to hug him— hug him? What am I saying? I'm not some homo.