CHAPTER 19

Fere's POV

Everything was a pure bliss. Yes, I got married and I an now Mrs. Yuseff Hernandez. It's been weeks and I've been nothing but happy and contented. My husband is so sweet and very caring. Nagulat at nagalit si Lola Pau nung malaman nya and she insisted the wedding on the church. I made a promise I will get married on the church after Patchie comes back.

Speaking of Patchie, Aira knows where is Patchie and I opt not to ask. Mas mabuti na hindi ko alam so I won't be lying with my husband.

Kapansin pansin din na madalas kalmado ang asawa ko. He rarely shouts now.

"Hub, you had a luncheon meeting pero walang  nakalagay kung kanino."

"Okay wife. Let's go?"

"Oh bakit kasama ako?"

"Because it was with you. Silly wife."

Sinamaan ko na lang sya ng tingin.

"Come, we're going somewhere."

Nagulat na lang ako ng makita ko ang mga kapatid ko na kasama namin.

"Hubby, where are we going?"

"Surprise yun ate! Bawal magask ng questions." sagot ni Faye

"Yes surprise yun. Pero kakain muna tayo." Yuseff snake his arm on my shoulders then kissed my temples

True to his words, kumain nga muna kami. Having a husband like him was never in my mind neither in my dreams. I was settled for something lesser than this. But I'll be always thankful I got him.

My heart started to beat faster. This is the sanatorium where Mama was confined. Kinakabahan ako. Eversince she was confined, hindi ko pa sya nasisilip. Yes, napunta ako dito but I never go near her. I just talk to her doctor. Hindi ko kasi kaya.

"Yehey!!! Makikita na natin si Mama!" Sigaw ni Faye

I am walking but my thoughts are drifting. Nalulunod ako sa katotohanang kailangan ko syang lapitan.

"Ms. Enriquez" Bati ni Doc

"It's Mrs. Hernandez now Doctora. By the way I am Yuseff Hernandez, Fere's husband."

"Hi Mr. Hernandez, I am Dra. Ayena Arellano her mother's attending psychiatrist. Nice to meet you."

"Your sisters can visit your mom on her room but I need to talk to you first."

"Sure Doc."

"Wife, I'll come with you"

Pumasok na kami sa clinic ni Dra. Yen. Mukhang nagulat pa ang kasama ko nung makita nya ang family picture. It speaks of a very happy life .

"That's my family picture. My husband and two  girls." Siguro napansin ni Doc na duon kami nakatingin

"You looked young." komento ni Yuseff

"Because I am young. I got married at 18 and got 2 kids at 20. Now, I am 36 and I've got a college student." Dra. Yen giggled. "Kaya kayo, push nyo na magbaby."

We smiled at her.

"Okay by the way, I want to discuss to you your mother's situation. Good news, she's starting to react on things. She has sane periods where she can remember everything. There's this one day she remembered you and your play. I put it on a video, I'll ask the nurse to give it to you."

"Talaga po Doc?"

"Yes, and it's a sign of progress. But we need to ensure the medicine of the patient."