CHAPTER 51

Yuseff's POV

I am still in the hospital. Shocked, sad and hurt. Our little Yugi is finally asleep in my arms. Naiiyak na naman ako dahil naaalala ko kung paano umiyak ang munting batang ito nang makita ako.

Durog na durog ang puso ko sa ngayon. Kritikal ang asawa ko. Nanganganib ang anak naming hindi pa naisisilang. At malaki ang trauma na inabot ni Yugi. Walang ibang makahawak sa kanya kundi ako. Ayaw nyang sumama kahit kanino.

"Kuya, ako na bahala kay Yugi."

"Sige na Faye. Ako na. Kaya ko pa."

"Nakakahiya na po. Ako na po jan kay Yugi."

"Faye naman, wag na. Anak ko naman si Yugi."

"Alam naman natin ang totoo Kuya. Ako na po."

"Faye, hindi mo pa rin ba napapatawad si Kuya?"

Faye seated beside me.

"You know how much I love you Kuya. Ikaw na ang naging father figure ko mula pagkabata. But I think I'll need to tell you this story so you can understand what really happened to you and ate."

She took a deep breath then started explaining while I willingly listen.

"Do you know that you are the only man ate had ever love? Yes kuya, ikaw lang. Nobody else. Walang iba."

She sighed.

"Ate was so inlove with you. I remember her telling us that when we grow up and find a man to love, we should look someone like you. She was so proud of you. She was looking up to you. Napakaperpekto mo sa kanya."

"When you let her study culinary, she had fun because there was always 'Yuseff likes this or Yuseff wants those, Yuseff here, Yuseff there, Yuseff in all her sentences. Ikaw pa rin ang dahilan kuya. Ginusto nyang matutong magluto dahil gusto nyang pagsilbihan ka."

She paused and looked into my eyes.

"Did you ever knew you had her pregnant before you filled annulment?"

A tear fell on her eye. And my heart, my broken heart shattered. Why I didn't knew that? I was being puzzled. Where's our child then? I wanted to speak but I kept silent and respect what Faye has to say. This time, I will listen.

"I heared, she's around 10 weeks that time when you decided to scrap her in your life. She never told anyone about this, kahit sa amin ni Ate Fate. I just knew all of this because I overheard her one time when she tried to tell this to Mama while Mama was insane. Baliw na baliw nuon si Mama at nahirapan si Ate pakalmahin sya. When Mama finally calmed down, Ate started to story tell. I was so young then, pero naiintindihan ko ang kwento nya. She has no one that time kuya. Kaya kahit kay Mama na wala sa sarili, she told what she really felt."

"I remember clearly. Ate's crying so hard that night.  Sa sobrang iyak nya nga, A 7-year old Mama hugged her. Sinabi nya kay Mama ang pagbabalik ng babaeng mahal na mahal mo."

Faye continued to tell the untold stories. And my heart started to be broken again.

"Sabi ni Ate, alam daw nya na kailangan nya nang umalis. Alam daw naman nya na kailangan na nyang lumayo. She said she was hard headed and tried to stayed because she wants her baby to have a complete family. Yung baby lang naman kasi talaga ang inaalala nya nuon."

"Sinabi nya kay Mama ang nagawa nyang kasalanan. She said she tried to lure you, para malayo sa'yo ang babaeng mahal mo, pati na rin ang anak mo. Kasi takot na takot sya lng iwan mo silang mag-ina. Takot na takot syang iwan mo kami."

"But of course, all bad deeds will be known. And it's too soon you knew all about it. When you asked her to keep out of your sight, she followed you. Hindi lang sya umalis agad because she's hoping for a moment to tell you that you'll gonna have a child soon. She sneaked out a glass of milk everynight trying to make the baby healthy. She said she even steals left over donuts in the ref so she won't be hungry for the rest of the day. She said she was dying to taste a spaghetti but she can't because you despise her to bones. Hindi nga daw sya nagpapakita sa'yo because she's hoping you'll forgive her. She was ready to leave, she just wanted a moment to tell you her pregnancy. She's claiming it's her fault it turns out like this."