I never understood what love was really like

Harry

Has it ever happened that whenever you're determined to find something or when you're trying your best to figure something out, you hardly accomplish. But every time you're least bothered with looking for something, it's right in front of your eyes.

I've always searched for love and happiness, always looked for it in the smallest of corners. Even though I enjoyed the little things in life, I continued exploring for something bigger.

But, all I really had to do was just close my eyes and let myself go along with the course of life. Because as I lie next to Savannah, I realize that she is the answer to all my questions. She has been right in front of my eyes this whole time but I was so stupid to overlook her. Just watching her sleep peacefully is making me feel happy.

Her body is turned towards me with one arm beside her head and the other sprawled on the bed in front of her. The sunlight coming in from the window hits her hair perfectly, showcasing her dark brown hair. And even though her hair is all tangled and messed up and there are hints of slight drooling from the corner of her mouth, she is beautiful. Mesmerizing. Because I can't tear my gaze away from her. I know what I'm doing; I'm memorizing her features, the innocent look on her face, the way her chest rises and falls with every breath she takes. I want to imprint this moment in my mind, because this is what happiness feels like.

I stroke my thumb against her cheek and eyes flutter open. She blinks a couple of times before finally fixing her eyes on me.

"Hey, sleepy head." I murmur, trailing my fingers down to her hand and bringing it to my lips to kiss her wrist.

Her cheeks turn red and she smiles shyly. "Hi.. When did you wake up?"

"Fifteen minutes ago, I think."

"Have you been staring at me since fifteen minutes?" She asks incredulously.

I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her close. My lips curve up in a wide grin as I whisper, "Yes. I've been ogling at you like a pervert."

She giggles and pecks my nose softly. I breathe slowly against her before asking, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

"No, I mean.." I trace my thumb against her lower lip. "Does it hurt?"

She covers my hand with hers and says, "A little bit, but not that much. I'm fine, really."

"Okay." I smile, encircling my arms around her. She buries her face in my chest and plants a soft kiss there. I kiss her shoulder once and then lie comfortably with her in silence.

"I love you." She says.

I smile naughtily. "I love me, too."

She gasps and smacks me lightly. I chuckle and start tickling her, making her laugh and shriek.

"S-stop!" She stutters in between fits of laughter. "Harry! P-please stop!"

I grin wickedly. "Captain Hook will never cease!"

She laughs loudly and her face literally turns into a tomato. When she tries to push me off of her and run away, I tighten my grip on her and pull her back in bed, her back against my chest.

"Stop it, Harry!" She squeals.

"Okay, okay.." I laugh and kiss her earlobe. "Sorry."

"You're crazy, you know."

"I know." I bury my face in her hair, breathing in the fruity smell mixed with water. "I'm crazy for you."

"How come you're suddenly so madly in love with me?"