Maybe I just gotta wait, maybe this is a mistake

Harry

Five minutes till I reach the studio.

The crew has an off today, which means the studio will be empty. And according to Gary, it's the perfect place to practice.

Practice getting cozy with Savannah.

Just thinking about it is making me nervous. I'm dreading every minute of it. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against her. But, it's too soon.

At least I feel that it's too soon. I haven't exactly gotten the chance to speak to Savannah about this next step, but the way the colour drained out of her face yesterday was proof enough that she's scared, too.

Four minutes.

I wonder what she feels about all this. She has always been friendly with me, up until we initiated the deal, because since then we've been fighting a lot.

She says or does something which I don't like and I end up upsetting her by arguing or scolding her.

Three minutes.

It wasn't like this before. I didn't used to mind anything she did before, quite possibly because I had no right.

But I still don't have any right on her. She's not exactly my girlfriend. Then why do I find it necessary to argue with her all the time?

Two minutes.

It's just that she annoys me sometimes. As much as I have respect for her and like her, sometimes she frustrates me. Specially when she talks to that idiot Alex.

I have seen the way he looks at her; eyes reflecting lust and nothing more. I know because, well, I'm a guy myself and I know that look. But also because he used to look at Natalia the same way when she was in a relationship with me.

One minute.

How do I tell Savannah to stay away from him? How do I explain it to her that he's really a bad person. Even Sam tried talking to her, but the thick head she is, she refused to listen.

I park the car outside our studio and get out. The doors aren't locked which means that Gary is already here. As I step inside the desolated place, I'm reminded of the first time I entered here and it was bustling with commotion. And now it's vacant.

It's so quiet that it's almost creepy. I really hope Gary's inside because I can't imagine being alone in this gigantic place.

"Gary?" I call out to him.

"I'm here, kiddo."

Praise the Lord.

"I'm here, too." Savannah chirps in and I take a deep breath.

If she's already here, then I have zero chance of negotiating with Gary that we should delay this.

They're sitting on the floor of the supposed classroom. Gary stands up as soon as he sees me, with Savannah following shortly after.

She looks at me timidly for a fraction of a second and then diverts her gaze to the ground, confirming my thoughts that she's as much nervous as I am.

Maybe I just gotta wait, maybe this is a mistake. I could talk to Gary and ask him or some more time.

"Alright, let's go to your room." Gary says and we all head off.

"Hey." I whisper to Savannah.

She looks at me and then quickly looks away. "Hi."

I think of asking her "what's up?", but what is she gonna say to that? Oh, nothing much, I'm just gonna practice seducing you because practice makes a woman perfect?