Chapter 4 *Twin Secrets

Zacznij od początku

I blushed a slight pink, as Alex grinned victoriously.

"I knew it! I knew you still liked me!"

"Still? Alex, no way." I retorted defensively."I like a guy already,"

I bit down on my traitorous lip, keeping me from saying something I could regret later.

"You-" He stopped as his eyes widened a little bit, and swallowed. "I'll be right back,"

He walked out, leaving me on my own in Alex's huge, empty gym.

:: Alex ::

I had to get to Max. I had to tell him she had a crush on someone and what just happened.

I grabbed a t-shirt from my bed to his room and pulled it on.

I bumped into someone, and automatically mumbled an apology.

"Hey, Alex," Katie, one of the 'three musketeers', as Max called them mumbled softly; looking into

my eyes.

"Yeah, umm, I gotta talk to Max," I stepped to the side and continued walking to his room.

"He went for a drive," The other one, Leah said.

I froze.

A drive.

Max only ever went for 'a drive' if he was upset or angry; or both. He always went the same place, and only I knew where it was.

I spun around on my heel.

"Thanks, umm, Liz is in the new gym if you want to work out or somethin' I'm goin' out for a bit,"

"Translation: I'm going to get Max back,"

My breath caught in my throat and I frowned at the girls. Jesus, were they physic?

"How'd you know?"

"He was pretty upset with something, and he slammed he door. So I'm guessing pissed too," Katie said, frowning as she gnawed her lip thoughtfully.

Leah shrugged, grinning at Katie. "We know about..."

I frowned at then again. "About what?"

We're they talking about Max's secret crush? I didn't know much myself. Liz just told me she's in his tutor; and she has black hair and brown eyes.

"The girl he likes," Leah rolled her eyes.

I nodded. "I know. Liz told me you think it's Cassie. I'm gunna go get Max,"

I walked out to my car.

:: Max ::

I sat in my old den, mulling my thoughts over as I tried to calm down yet again.

I cannot believe I saw them laughing together on the floor-

I punched the wall beside me, leaving a dent in the old wallpaper.

I heard a car pull up in the street and shrugged it off, continuing with my pissed off thoughts.

Why was she laughing with him? What does Alex have that I don't?

"Maybe the key to open the door," A familiar voice said, leaning through the open gap where the window had once been, sounding slightly amused.

Speak of the Devil.

"Alex," I growled, grinding my teeth together.

"What? I'm just saying you locked it. And you were kinda talking to yourself,"