A Visit to my Brother.. And his five very HOT friends! #24

Hey, hey. I'm saving my shpeel for the end again.

Thanks and Happy Readings! (:

********************

Chapter Twenty-Four

Bradie's POV:

"Declan?"

He was quiet on the other side, not saying a word. Bradie couldn't even hear him breathe.

"Declan?" she asked again, this time concern laced in her voice.

Finally, she heard Declan clear his throat.

Bradie wasn't sure exactly what Declan was going to say. It had been two extremely long days since she last saw him, since she last heard his voice. Was something wrong? Was Jenna okay?

"Is there something wrong with Jenna?" she asked, worried.

"No," Declan replied hastily. "Jenna's great. I didn't call because of her."

"Oh." Brilliant, Bradie thought to herself.

"Yeah," he said, "I called because..." he drifted off, and Bradie found herself really nervous, and yet still curious.

"Because..." she ushered him to continue.

"I had things to say to you." Declan's voice was soft now. Almost like he was...shy. Maybe a little scared.

Bradie felt herself smile. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah," he sighed, "I know."

"Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I swear. I just..." Then, he stopped talking. The next thing Bradie heard Declan say was, "Shit," then, "Bradie I'm sorry, but I have to go."

Click.

"What happened?" Dani's voice drifted into Bradie's mind.

Bradie shut her phone and said, "He was about to say something, but then said he had to go."

Dani raised a perfect eyebrow, "Like what?"

Bradie shrugged. "I'm not sure...but then he said, "Shit. Bradie I'm sorry, but I have to go."

"Jenna maybe? Or his father?"

"I don't know."

"He'll call back."

Bradie merely nodded. "Yeah."

They were quiet for a while, until there was a knock on the door. Instead of getting up, Dani said, very loudly, "Who is it?"

"Me." Bradie almost laughed to herself. It was Marcus.

"What do you want?" she yelled at the door.

Bradie watched as the doorknob turned, and in walked Marcus. "Hey, B. Dani."

Bradie and Dani said, "Hey."

"So, B. I was hoping I could steal you away for a while?"

"What? You want to steal me?" Bradie asked.

"Well, yeah."

Bradie looked over at Dani and saw the huge grin on her face. "What?" she asked her best friend.

"Nothing. Just go with your big brother."

Bradie knew something weird was going on, but she still got up and went with Marcus. "This had better be good," she said, following Marcus down the hall.

Marcus just shrugged, not saying a word.

"Are you kidnapping me?"

That stopped Marcus. He turned around to face Bradie, one eyebrow raised.