A Visit to my Brother.. And his five very HOT friends! #23

Okay, guys...first, I have to hand out an apology. I said I was going to post on Monday, but I didn't. I'm sooooooo SORRY. I had homework and a test to study for, not to mention a job. Ehhh, I wanted to post, trust me, but I just didn't have the time. Anyway, here is the next installment. I hope you like it. And for all the Declan fans...he's coming around. To all the Lake fans...well, remember when I said I liked him? Well, that's changed. I totally hate him now. But, don't let me influence your decisions. If you like Lake...then go ahead and continue liking him.

Next, I'd like to just vent a little. Do you know what I hate? I hate when writers on wattpad say, "I will not update until I have [insert number here] votes." I mean come on. Isn't writing supposed to be for enjoyment...isn't reading? It's not supposed to be about how many votes you get...or comments, for that matter. I don't know. It just gets frustrating. Maybe I should start doing that, yeah?

The next chapter will come out when I receive 120 votes.

Okay, I'm kidding...I wouldn't do that to you guys.

Finally, regarding this chapter...it's kind of a filler. To get things rolling along, yeah? Next chapter will be better. If not the next one, then the one after that...Declan will be back in Washington with the rest of the gang...including Lake. Alright, I'm done talking...and venting lol.

Thanks and Happy Readings! (:

********************

Chapter Twenty-Three

[Two Days Later]

Declan's POV:

As Declan helped Jenna out of the car, he couldn't help but think about her confession. Even though she had spilled the beans, so to speak, two day ago, it was the only thing that Declan could think about. That and...Bradie. Though, the knowledge of who the baby's father was was a huge matter. Declan knew Zach didn't have any siblings. So...this Colton guy must be a cousin of some sort. Declan knew one thing for sure though. He was going to have a conversation with Zach...then with this Colton . When he told Jenna as much, she begged him not to. Declan said he wouldn't do anything drastic...yet, not until he got the guys side of the story.

Instead of putting her in a wheelchair, Jenna had stood her ground on not having one. So, Declan helped her stand, and she leaned on him as they made their way to the front door of the house he would never be returning to...not after he left when Jenna got better.

"How you doing, Twenty-One?" Declan asked Jenna when one of her knees went out. He righted her and held her firmer.

"I'm good. We're almost inside."

"Okay. Did you want me to bring you to your room or the couch?"

"Couch."

Declan agreed. He didn't like the thought of her having to go up and down the steps. "Alright."

Once at the door, he shifted legs and reached into his pocket and pulled out the key. He inserted it, turned the knob, and opened the door.

"Alright, almost there, Jen," he said as he maneuvered her to the living room.

"Thank God," she praised. "I'm all pooped out."

Declan actually chuckled. It felt good. "I'm sure you are. Do you need anything?"

Jenna shook her head. "No, not right now. I do have some things to talk to you about..."

Declan nodded. He knew as much. Every time Jenna had mentioned Jerry and the things he had said to her, Declan wouldn't listen. He told her she didn't need to worry about other things, at least not until she was out of the hospital. He put it off as long as he could. Now that she was home, it was open territory.