Chapter 14

At lunch, Scott sat between Avi and Mitch.

More accurately, Scott sat beside Avi and then Mitch hurried to sit down beside him.

But Mitch would argue that those are just 'technicalities' and then he'd politely suggest I move on.

So I will.

Kevin and Kirstie quickly struck up a conversation, as Alex sat himself beside Kirstie, and Travis beside him.

Travis had basically isolated himself, not speaking to anyone so that he could read through all of their files as quickly as he could.

After ordering their food, Kevin stood up and spoke to the majority of the table. "Does anyone need to use the restroom? I'm heading there, now."

Kirstie and Mitch stood at the same time, giggled at each other, and then hurried to follow Kevin.

Alex watched Mitch leave, grinning at him the whole time, before he turned to Travis.

Before he could even speak, Travis hummed, eyes still on the paperwork in front of him. "You and Mitch... Your friendship is really cute, by the way."

"Oh, thank you! He's adorable, truly."

Travis glanced up. "Are you guys, like... Into each other? Or you just have that kind of friendship?"

Alex shrugged, eyeing the table in front of him. "I dunno... I used to think maybe he did, kinda... But it's too weird to hide an Omega-Omega relationship, so. No."

"Well that's not important, Lex. If you like each other, then you should ignore whatever else."

"No, no... It was just kind of... I think he liked me, because he had no options. Y'know? He didn't know that Alphas could be humane at all, so... He liked Omegas. But then he met a bunch of nice Alphas, and.. I think he figured it out."

"I see. I see..." Travis leaned toward him a little. "So.. Mitch and Scott? Your thoughts?"

Alex grinned widely again, leaning toward him to speak quietly. "They're so cute! I hope they fall in love and stuff. So, so cute."

"How about Scott giving him his jacket, huh? That's pretty cute too."

"Oh, absolutely!" Alex turned a little, glancing at Scott, who was luckily busy cracking jokes with Avi, before he looked back to Travis. "And Mitch told me that he really really likes how kind he is."

"Mhmm. Scott's one of the nicer ones I've come across."

"Me too." Alex giggled to himself, though Travis didn't really think it was funny.

Avi and Scott's jokes finally got out of hand, when Avi dropped his fork onto the ground, went to get it, and then stuck his head up between Scott's legs. Scott instantly laughed, and lightly kicked him away, causing Avi to fall into one of the table legs and move the table about an inch.

Avi then loudly spoke to Scott from underneath the table. "I was just kidding, asshole."

Travis cleared his throat, gaining Scott's attention. "There's an Omega at this table, Avriel. Watch your mouth."

Avi stuck his head up from between Scott's legs again. "Sorry!" And again, Scott kicked him back, but this time Avi was prepared for it, and braced himself.

Scott then moved his seat back, while laughing loudly, to pull Avi off of the ground by his armpits. "Come here, you piece of--" He glanced to Alex quickly before looking back down at Avi. "Trash."