Chapter 5

Travis had taken Alex to the bathroom when the doors finally opened to the First Alpha holding their court order in his hand.

Kevin stood to take it from him, but the First retracted his hand quickly. "Where's your Alpha?"

"In the bathroom, Sir."

"Is there another Alpha in your pack?"

Avi stood, coming to Kevin's aid quickly. "That'd be me, Sir."

The First nodded once, and then began to explain the paperwork to him, and the process of moving Omegas from pack to pack.

Scott stood all of a sudden, and smiled down at Mitch, still in his seat. "Hi, I'm Scott, by the way. One of Avi's friends from School. I feel weird sitting by you, without you knowing who I am."

Mitch stood as well, wanting to be respectful. "My name is Mitchell, Sir."

"That seems too formal. Can I call you Mitch?"

"If you'd like."

"What about Mitchie?"

"Anything you want, Alpha."

"Anything I want? So... Babydoll is an option? Or cutie? Or cupcake?"

Mitch giggled then, and Scott immediately smiled at how adorable the sound was. "If you want, Sir."

"I think I'm just gonna stick with Mitch, and see how it goes. Maybe I'll change it up after you've fallen head over heels in love with me. And then again after the proposal. And again after we have six children. And maybe once more when I convince you to get a tattoo of my face on your--" He stopped to laugh.

Mitch was fully laughing now, though he nodded. "If that makes you happy I guess."

"Anyhow." Scott offered his hand to Mitch. "Nice to meet you, Mitch."

Mitch blinked at his hand. "And you're calling me formal?"

Scott lowered his hand slowly. "It's just a handshake..? What do you expect me to do? Are you one of those French people that introduce themselves with a kiss?"

"I mean... No. But as of right this moment, I kind of wish I was."

"Why's that?"

Mitch blushed a little. "Uh.. No reason. It's nice to meet you too, Sir Scott. C-Can I, um... Can I have a h-hug?"

Scott just smiled at him, and then enveloped him in a hug. "Nice to meet you, Cutie."

********

Avi was still listening to the First, when Scott and Mitch sat back down.

Scott saw two Alphas eyeing down the Omega in the seat beside him, so he leaned toward Mitch a little to whisper to him. "Do you know those guys?"

Mitch looked up, and glanced at the Alphas in the doorway, slightly behind the First Alpha. He sat up a little taller, and looked down at his lap, eyes closing quickly. "Mhmm."

Scott frowned, sliding his hand along Mitch's back to rest on his other shoulder, pulling Mitch into his side a little. "Hey, it's okay. Is that your old pack?"

Mitch nodded once, and Scott could practically feel how tense Mitch's shoulders were.

Scott frowned a little more, and leaned over to kiss Mitch's forehead. "Don't be afraid. They can't hurt you anymore. You'll get transferred into this other pack, and then you and Alex will be safe."

Mitch tried to lean away from him, not sure how to react to behavior like this. "Safe?"

"Yeah. You'll be safe." Scott noticed his body language, and he pulled his arm back over to himself. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Are you okay?"