Chapter 13

After the appointments, Travis collected each of their files to discuss with Kevin later.

Alex had wandered off to the bathroom, Travis watching him the entire way there.

Avi immediately noticed that Mitch was wearing Scott's jacket, but didn't say a word.

Kirstie frowned at him, as Travis and Kevin discussed where they might go get lunch. "Alpha? Is something wrong?"

Avi looked down at her, and shook his head. "No. I'm fine, thanks."

"You're welcome. So how was your appointment, Sir?"

"I mean... Normal. That's an odd question."

"I'm just asking." She giggled a little, glancing at Mitch before meeting his eyes again. "I figured you'd have something funny to say."

"Funny? Not many people tell me I'm funny."

"I think you are. From what I've seen, you're really sarcastic. And... I think it's funny."

Avi grinned at her. "That's quite a compliment. I knew I liked you."

Kirstie giggled at him, taking a small step closer to him. "Well, that's good. I'd like to hear your running commentary of sarcasm."

Avi laughed then, looking up at Mitch one more time, before he looked back at Kirstie, and fully invested in a conversation with her.

Scott noticed Avi's glance at Mitch, so he leaned down a little to whisper to the shorter Omega. "Mitch..? Why does he keep looking at you like that?"

"Who? And... Like what?"

"Avi... I don't know how to describe it."

"Oh, oh... Yeah, he and I are in a weird place right now."

Scott looked back up and gave Avi a quick glare, before he relaxed a little to look back at Mitch. "Interesting."

Mitch shrugged, and then reached up to pull the neckline of Scott's shirt down a little. "You've still got these bruises, huh? That's too bad."

"I guess. Makes me look kind of tough, doesn't it?"

"Don't get mad at me for this... But I kind of disagree."

Scott frowned. "What? I thought I was all.. Scary or something." Scott looked down at himself, and then flexed his arms, while letting his eyes change to their red Alpha color. "How about now?"

Mitch quickly checked him out, lingering on his arms for longer than he needed to, for obvious reasons. "I don't know if that's scary, as much as it is sexy." He immediately smacked a hand over his own mouth, and tried to speak underneath it. "I'm so sorry!"

Scott dropped his arms, and his eyes went back to blue in an instant. "Sexy, huh?"

"Sir, I'm so sorry. I won't ever say anything so intrusive ever again."

"I'd rather if you continued to say those things, but... It's up to you, I guess."

"But, Sir--"

Kevin stood beside Avi as he spoke up. "If you guys are hungry, Trav and I are planning on taking you all out for lunch, so. Unless anyone needs anything..?"

Alex had stopped on his way back to talk to a nurse, but Travis met his eyes and waved him over to tell him they were leaving.

Scott took a few steps forward to grab Avi by the shoulder. "Hey, I haven't talked to you all day. What's going on?"