Chapter 8

Travis glanced back at the bigger tent. "So, I'm thinking we split the Omegas to be safe, y'know. Kev, maybe you could stay with me and Alex? Then Mitch and Avi in the other?"

Kevin glanced at Mitch. "Uh... I don't think that's a great idea. I understand that you'd like to be with Alex though, so... Would you take the Omegas, and I'll just stay with Avi?"

"What's wrong with my first plan?"

Mitch spoke up, not wanting Kevin to take the heat for it. "It's because of m-me, Sir. I-It's up to you if you want me to stay with him. B-But I'd really r-rather--"

"Hey. Stop for a second. Take a deep breath, and talk to me like you're not afraid of me. I've given you no reason to fear me, and it's going to stay that way."

Mitch nodded, taking a deep breath and clearing his throat. "Alpha, I'd prefer not to stay with Avi. He and I didn't get off on the right foot, and... I don't want to sleep near him."

Travis squinted at him a little. "Did he... Say something to you? Did he touch you? Hurt you?"

"No, Sir, of course not. I don't mean to get him in trouble or anything. But... He and I just don't really get along."

"I'm sorry to hear that, little guy. It's all good. Who do you want to stay with, then? Kevin and I could share with you."

"M-Maybe, um... You and Alex? I know Allie really likes you, and... He makes me feel safe, so..."

"Sure, that's fine. So, Kev? You and Avi take a tent? Is that alright?"

Kevin nodded, and then turned to the pile of things on the ground to grab his bag as well as Avi's.

Travis caught Mitch's eye one more time. "Hey, Mitch? Don't be afraid to talk to me about those things. If anything happens with Avi, just tell me. Okay? I'm not gonna get mad at you."

Mitch smiled up at him. "Thank you."

Travis grinned right back, and then reached forward to ruffle Mitch's hair a little, before instantaneously pulling him into a hug. "No problem."

**********

Kevin set up a small campfire that night, at which Travis couldn't help but eat tons of marshmallows.

Alex was sitting in a fold up chair with Mitch on his lap, letting Mitch feed him a few marshmallows.

Mitch giggled at him, after feeding him one he'd just cooked in the fire. "I missed your mouth a little."

Alex frowned, and turned to face Avi, who was in the seat next to him. "Am I ugly?"

Avi chuckled lightly, and reached over to wipe one corner of Alex's mouth. "Nope. Just a little messy."

Alex turned back to Mitch. "Hear that? You made me a little messy."

"Oops." Mitch hummed, offering him another marshmallow.

Alex shook his head though. "Wait a few minutes. I'm getting a tummy-ache."

Mitch giggled a little at how cute the phrase was, and gently patted Alex's head a few times. "There, there."

Alex giggled right back, grinning up at him. "You're so cute."

"You're cuter."

Kevin smiled at them, and then looked back down at the paper in his hand. "Says here that Mitch's favorite animal is a cat."

Mitch turned to him, the same smile glowing on his face. "Yep! My parents keep telling me they'll get me a kitty, but they never have."

Alex was quick to retort. "Not yet. Positive thinking."