Chapter 32

I didn't end up staying after all. After our chick flick moment, as Merle would have called it, Daryl asked me to go with Glenn and T-Dog.

"But I want to stay here with you."

"I know you do. But if something happens to T-Dog Glenn will need help. Besides, won't be anything going on here."

"What if something happens here while I'm there."

"Nothing is going to happen. I'll be fine. We'll be over there in the morning. You'll barely even have time to miss me." He said with a smile.

"Fine, I'll go. I'm not happy about this though."

"I know you aren't." He smiled again. "But you'll get over it. You always do."

With that I got my backpack and my weapons. I threw them in the Cherokee and got in the backseat. I waved halfheartedly at Daryl as we drove down the interstate.

It didn't take too long to get there. We pulled up in the yard and I helped T-Dog get out of the car. We all three headed for the porch. When we got to the porch we stopped for a moment and looked at the door.

"So do we ring the bell?" Glenn asked us. "I mean it looks like people live here."

"We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we? Having to be considerate." T-Dog answered.

"Well maybe we should at least knock. Not barge into their living room." I suggested.

A voice from a dark corner of the porch startled us.

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?"

It was the girl that was on the horse earlier.

"Uh hi. Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything. Hello, nice to see you again. We met before briefly." Glenn said, slightly nervous.

"Look, we came to help. Is there anything we can do?" T-Dog asked her.

She got out of the rocking chair she was occupying and stepped toward us. Her eyes went straight to the bandage on T-Dog's arm.

"It's not a bite. I did cut myself pretty bad though." T-Dog told her.

"We'll have it looked at. I'll tell them you're here." She replied.

"We uh, have some painkillers and antibiotics. I already gave him some. If Carl needs any." Glenn said, handing her the bottles.

"Come on inside. I'll make ya'll something to eat." She said, opening the door.