Chapter 3

Merle laughed the entire way to the bus stop, while he was in pour sight anyway.

Merle-Damn that was some good pussy. Had to hit that shit twice, hope ya'll understand.
Daryl-Oh we understand. We got it on under the bench here while you were gone.
Me-Mmhhmm. Three times.
Merle-(narrows eyes) You serious?
Me-(laughs) Oh definitely.
Merle-You liars! I was about to say, ain't no way she'd give you nookie before me!
Me-You never know Merle, anything is possible.
Merle-Yeah, sure. Hey little bruddah get me a bus schedule.

Daryl groaned but got up off the bench and walked into the bus station. Merle turned to me.

Merle-Alone at last! So, I got a few things to say to you before Daryl comes back. Number one you better take care of my little brother while I'm gone. Number two you better always write me back because I'm going to write both of you and call if I can. And number three...

He grabbed me and kissed me like he'd never see me again, which he might not. At first I was really shocked but after a few seconds I kissed him back. He pulled away after a few minutes and took a deep breath.

Merle-I've always wanted to do that to you sugar britches.
Me-(gapes)
Merle-Close your mouth and act natural. Here comes my little bruddah.

Daryl walked out of the bus station, schedule in hand and handed it over to Merle.

Daryl-Next one should be here in about ten minutes.
Merle-perfect timing then I think.

Not too long after the bus pulled up to the side of the road. A few people got off but only Merle was getting on. We all hugged and said our goodbyes, I did my best to fight the tears stinging my eyes. At least I'm not alone, I know Daryl is feeling the same way. Merle promised to write us both letters whenever he could. With that he smiled at Daryl, winked at me, and boarded the bus. I took a deep breath and looked at Daryl.

Me-So, what do you want to do now?
Daryl-Anything but watch this bus pull away in the Georgia heat.
Me-Swimming it is then?
Daryl-Yeah, sounds fine to me Jess.
Me-You ok?
Daryl-Yeah I'm fine. Just gonna miss that sorry son of a bitch is all. He's went away before but never for this long and he's never been in this much danger y'know?
Me-Yeah I know. I'm gonna miss him too.
Daryl-That's for damn sure. You won't have anyone to moon over while he's gone.
Me-I do not moon over Merle Dixon!
Daryl-Yeah, whatever. You look at him like I do cigarettes. Don't worry Jess you're secret is safe with me.

We walked mostly in silence before we parted ways to our houses. When I got home I changed into my bathing suit and pulled my boots on before heading back out. My dad wasn't home so it was a pretty quick trip. I headed up the road to our half way point to meet Mr. Daryl Dixon.