Promises

Dylan's p.o.v

I just left after I explained to Tyler why I was leaving and texting Josh explaining it to him. I take a pic in front of the hotel posting it to Instagram as on outfit of the day pic trying to keep everything as normal and ok as possible even though it wasn't. Before I posted the pic I put it in FaceTune and smoothed over my face and eyes attempting at making it look a bit more normal. It didn't work but I posted it anyway. I went and checked in telling the guy at the desk that i didn't know how long I'd be here so I'd just pay every night until I left. He said it was fine and gave me two keys to my room and helped my carry my bags. I must've looked pretty bad if this guy is helping me Carry a small book bag and my barely two pound suitcase to my room a few feet away. But I did appreciate it very much.

When I got to my room I sat on the bed and everything hit me at once. I started crying pulling my knees to my chest and clutching joshes sweatshirt as close as possible. I miss him I miss him so much. I didn't want to leave him but I had to he would've hurt me more if I would've stayed. Nothing would've been the same. I want to go back I want to cry in his arms I want him to tell me it's gonna be ok and I want him to actually be sorry. But I know he probably isn't. I know I was nothing to him.

I really don't know how long I've been laying here but I get snapped out of my thoughts when I hear someone knocking on the door a few times. I get up sniffling and wiping my eyes still holding his sweatshirt making me feel safe. I open the door and wait for someone to say something then look up and see its Josh. Part of me wants to pull him in and just hug him and let him tell me it's ok. But I know it's not ok so I close the door laying on the floor in front of it using his sweatshirt as a pillow. I can hear him talking but it sounds so far away. The side of me that still cares about him and wants him kicks in so I reach up still laying on the floor and open the door. He must've not been expecting me to open it anytime soon because when I opened the door he feel backwards onto the floor beside me hitting his head hard. Half of me says he deserves it the other half feels kinda bad but wants to laugh. We both stand up and walk in I close the door and he sits on the corner of the bed.

I grab the chair from the little desk and pull it to where I'm sitting in front of him our knees inches apart. I take a second to look at him his eyes are puffy and red and his face is blotchy and tear stained. I look down at my hands which are folded in my lap.

"Hey Dyl, baby, look at me please...?" His voice wavers on the verge of tears. I shake my head no still not wanting to talk scared I'd start crying, "ok. Don't it's fine I don't blame you. I wouldn't wanna look at me right now either. Especially after what I did to you." He pauses waiting for me to say something, but I don't.

"Can you at least talk to me Dyl." His voice cracks and he puts his hand on my knee and I put my hand over his rubbing it.

"I'm sorry I left. I should've let you explain. I hope I didn't make Tyler to mad at you." It's like a wave of relief washed over him, his whole body relaxes and his voice is calmer when he speaks. "Tyler is beyond pissed at me, but I get it because you guys are like brother and sister you've always been close and he doesn't wanna see you hurt. I don't either that's why I'm here." He reaches over gently lifting my chin up so I'll at him he instantly frowns and wipes my stray tears with his thumb.

"Josh I forgive you. Ok? I would never stay mad at you I just over reacted." He pulls me into his lap hugging me burying his face in my neck.

"No trust me you didn't over react at all. If I were you I would've ignored me for longer than a few hours." I smile it feels nice being this close to him again. "I can't stay mad at you I'd miss ur squinty eye smile and cheesy pick up lines to much."

We both laugh all the tension just washing away. We lay down next to each other holding hands, and I take a picture of our hands and put it on Instagram captioning it "zall good." Everyone knew it was Josh because you could see the tattoos on his wrist going up his arm.