The Jar

Hope was bored, bored of being in a jar her whole life! She was oh so bored! When Death, Sickness, Old Age and Mischief had left, it'd been the best time of her life. And then they'd been stuffed back in the jar with her, to make her life miserable again.
" Hey Elpis! What are you doing?" A voice called to her.
Out of the darkness came a guy with short blonde hair.
" Mischief! Go away, you know all I'm doing is waiting," Hope replied angrily.
" Waiting for what? For Pandora to open this stupid jar again and let us out? Oh wait, they close it before you get out every time it's opened!" Mischief crowed.
Hope punched him arm, making him stumble away from her, the spot she'd touched glowing purple and steaming.
" Watch yourself, you know I can still destroy you and your little buddies!" Hope snarled.
" And then what? Be alone in this jar for the rest of eternity?" Inquired Mischief with a laugh.
" No! Someone will let me out someday, I know it," Murmured Hope bravely.
" Keep dreaming, Elpis, you aren't going  anywhere," Mischief snarled as he disappeared back in to the shadows.
Hope sighed and then went back to staring upwards, where she imagined the lid was.
" I'm going places," she whispered longingly.

" Tell me where the jar is," Loki hissed.
Percy shook his head angrily, earning another kick from Loki.
" Abusing children, good career choice!" Percy cat called, stopping the tears that threatened his eyes.
Loki roared furiously and picked him up, throwing him back in to his cell where Annabeth was whimpering and crying as she had to watch Percy be beaten. Loki left, anger making his hair spike up slightly.
" Percy, how do you feel?" Annabeth sniffled.
" Fine, wise girl, just keep on crying, I'll use the water in the tears to heal myself," Percy murmured.
Annabeth laughed while continuing to weep.
" I'm sorry I'm crying, I just, every time I see him beat you I feel like we are in Tartarus again," Annabeth whispered.
" We got through that together, we will get through this together. But I can't tell him where the jar is," Percy murmured affectionately.
" Where is it?" Annabeth asked.
" You'll never guess," Percy cracked up mischievously.