Adoption Day

Steves POV
"So tell me again, Steve, why we are visiting this run down orphanage?" Tony asked in a bored voice as their car pulled up outside the place.
The whole team was in the car, except for Thor, who was casually flying in beside us.
" Because we need a special squad to back us up if something goes wrong someday and the best way to do this is to specially train young children so they can become that team when they are older. It was Nick Fury's and my idea," I informed in annoyance at his attitude.
" Good thing about orphans is that there's no strings attached," Natasha grunted.
" Okay, Natasha, you get to pick two kids, preferably girls, and Tony, since you're so happy to be here you also get to pick two kids! Everyone else chooses one, make sure you think they've got a unique skill," I ordered, since eight was the perfect number and they should all have different skill sets.
" Alright, everyone lets go adopt some kids with the other poor soon to be parents," Clint mumbled.
Bruce rolled his eyes and led the way inside, to where the strangeness began.
We were in a huge reception room filled with kids playing with all sorts of toys. At our entrance, most of them stopped what they were doing and all changed at the same time, " Welcome parents! ".
I was severely creeped out, especially when the lady in charge, Mrs Britney, started ushering me towards a group of boys who were by the sand pit outside.
Most of the boys were either digging holes, eating the sand, or making small mounds with it. They all seemed to be around eight or four years old. Except for one kid, who appeared to be about six years old. He was sitting away from the rest of them, wearing his finding Nemo shirt proudly. He had constructed a huge wall of sand and was positioning small toy soldiers along its top. I knelt next to him.
" Hey there get kid, what are you building?" I asked curiously.
" A defensive wall, manned with an army to defend the town inside," the kid answered in a small, adorable voice.
" Who are you defending it from?" I asked curiously.
" I don't care, whoever is invading, duh," He muttered.
" So.....you know about defending walls, anything else you can defend?" I asked hopefully.
" I'm six, not sixteen, the only thing I defend, is my bunk and my finding Nemo gum boots," He said in the most sarcastic six year old voice I'd ever heard.
" No seriously, this defence would be way better if I had wood and some metal cannons," He added more seriously this time.
I gazed intently at him.
" And what's your name?" I asked gently.
" I don't give my name to strangers," He answered curtly.
" My name is Steve Rogers, I'm part of the avengers, maybe you've heard of us?" I introduced proudly.
" Nope, doesn't ring a bell," he answered with a shrug,
I stared at him in shock, who didn't know the avengers?!
" Ohhhhhkay, so now I told you my name, what about you?" I inquired.
" Percy, Percy Jackson, and before you ask it, no, I'm not looking for an adoptive family, and no, I'm not going anywhere without my friends coming too," He answered snidely.
He finally decided to look at me and the loyalty of his huge sea green eyes made my chest puff up in pride, he'd be perfect.
" Well, Percy, are your friends anything like you?" I asked.
" Yes," he answered warily.
" Then we can take them too. How would you like to come and work for the avengers?" I asked hopefully.