Chapter 24- Karen

Start from the beginning

"18.74 please wait for your order number to be called" the blonde boy said handing my receipt.
I impatiently waited tapping my foot ignoring all at people flooding in.

"034?" I heard some red head yell while holding out a Mcdonalds bag

"Thank you" I say while grabbing it and running out. I look out and see the lady out side standing by her blanket. I slowly approached her.

"M'am.. " she turned to look at me.
"I-i know it's not much but I saw what that kid did to you and I bought you din-" she cut me off to hug me. She was crying. "Bless you...bless you good sir" I chuckle and rub her back
"Hey no problem!" She lets go and I hand her the bag. I watch as she shivers. She was still wet from when the kid splashed her with water.
"Oh here." I say taking off my hoodie.
"No-no sir it's ok" she tried to protest.
"I insist" I said smiling continuing to take off my jacket.
"May I?" I asked. She nodded and let me help put my jacket on her.  She thanked me repeatedly for about 5 minutes until I decided I'd have to leave before the others worry as I didn't have my phone.
Before I left I found out her name was Karen and she was laid off from her job during a huge merge and she's been living on the street for about 8 months. I felt horrible, I wish that I could've helped more. She gave me one more hug and then I began walking back to my hotel. At first I got lost not sure where I was but then I remembered the shop I had visited and how close I was. I wandered towards the building. I must have been walking for 30 minutes
"Man I went far.." I continued up a slight hill and took a left back onto the street my hotel was on. I pushed open the golden doors and headed for the elevator. Once I got in I went up to my room and reached into my pocket to grab my wallet.
"What." My pocket wasn't there. "WAIT! Oh no no no no." I patted my jean pockets searching for my wallet. Nothing. "I fucking left it in my hoodie.." I sighed sliding down the door and burring my head in my arms.  All of a sudden I heard the door click and I fell back.  I groaned rubbing my eyes trying to get them adjust to the light.
"Where have you been we got worried!!" Someone exclaimed. I wasn't sure it might have been Wade. Once my eyes adjusted I saw a hand offering to help me up. I grabbed it and jumped up. "Ughhh what time is it?" I sort of groaned from not having a good day.
"8:23 pm" What.. wow I didnt know I was out that long....
"Where did you go and why were you sitting outside?" Bob asked. I looked up at him and scratched my neck.
"Umm well... I went for a walk and i saw this homeless lady and some kid purposely splashed water all over her and her food so I had bought her some food and then I noticed how wet she was and it was pretty cold so I offered her my hoodie... by the time I got back I had realized that I left my wallet with my room key inside it.." I kinda chuckled at the end.
"Do you wanna go try to find her?" Bob replied.

"Um maybe idk im kinda exhausted but I guess.."

"Ok we'll all go!" Wade chimed in. "You in Mark?" He continued.

"Yeah lemme just go to the bathroom." Mark quickly ran into the bathroom and we waited for him to walk out. I heard the sink start and soon the door opened.
"Ok lets go!" He said
I lunged for the door handle and we walked out into the hall way. We decided to go out the back way as it was closer to my destination. It took us all about 18 minutes to get there since we went out of the back of the building and didn't go through. We were coming up to the Mcdonalds where I had bought Karen's food and I had noticed that her blanket was gone and she was no where to be seen.

"Are you sure this is where she was?" Bob asked as we stood in her old location.
"Yes it was right here. I know if was" I said running a hand through my hair. We waited a few minutes to see if she would come back but 3 minutes in we decided to head back. We had to go in through the front so it took a little longer to get there.
I walked once again through the golden doors and see a figure resisting a body guard.
"M'am lets go"
"No! I just gotta-I just gotta return this!" She yelled back before being forcefully grabbed. I noticed when the body guard had turned that it was Karen.
I jogged up. "WAIT  KAREN!" I yell. "HEY WAIT SHE'S WITH ME! SHE'S WITH ME!" I tried to get the body guard's attention. He looked over to me while I was jogging up.
"Hey Karen what are you doing here?" I ask. I watched her slowly pull her arm out of the towering man's hand. She reached into her pocket and pulled out my wallet. " I had noticed that you left your wallet in your jacket so I wanted to return it." He gave a half smile. I took it out of her hands.
"Thank you" I gave her a big smile.
"How did you find me?" I asked.
"Oh I opened your wallet and saw the room key belonging to this hotel so I thought I'd find you here." I saw her turn to leave. "Wait!" I grabbed her shoulder and opened my wallet and handed her a $30 again. She tried to refuse again but I wouldn't let her. We said our goodbyes and I jogged back to Mark and the others. We headed up to our room and got in around 9:12 pm.
"Welp guys I'm beat." Wade said heading to his room.
"Me too!" I said taking off my shirt and pants, and jumping on to my bed. It felt like heaven after all the walking I did today.
"I could sleep!" Bob said climbing into bed.
"I'm gonna shower first but night guys." Mark said taking his shirt off and heading toward his room.
"Night!" We all said at once. I got under the blanket and plugged my phone it. It lit up showing me all the messages I missed from Mark.
3:26pm
From Bae: hey babe how are you?
3:28 pm
From Bae: hey do you want me to  come home so youre not alone?
3:37
From Bae: jack?
4:00pm
From Bae: jack are you there??
4:12pm
From Bae: jack are you ok??!!
From Bae: this isnt funny anymore
From Bae: im so worried rn i hope youre ok
4:33
From Bae:  im coming back
From Bae: did you leave why arent you in the room??
9:34
Sent to Bae: im sorry to have worried you so much.. i love you x

I put my phone down and closed my eyes pulling the blanket up to my head.

________________
-x