Blood Bond-25 Rose

Începe de la început

     I wipe her spit off my face. Samuel then, draws out a dagger from the table and points it at Rose. My eyes widen as I stare at him in horror, wondering what he is going to do with that dagger. His face cringes and he glares at Rose.

     "I should have never trusted you. Our daughter is dead because of you, she is dead and we can't do anything," Samuel roars, his eyes gleaming with fury.

     Rose's face retrots to anger as well. She replies angrily, "You have to know that our daughter was with you when she died. You saw her die, in front of you!"

     "You knew she was going to die, yet you didn't even bother to protect her!" Samuel shouts back. He clenches his finger tight together, forming it into a fist until his knuckles become pale.

     "Yes, I'll admit that I knew. But knowing doesn't help anything! I knew she was going to die, yet I couldn't protect her! You don't know how I felt when our daughter died!" Rose growls, she glares at Samuel with hatred. "You had the ability to protect her, she was with you!"

     "I couldn't. There were too many people there and I couldn't hold them off alone but you, you could have warned me before hand! You could have killed Kiles when you had the chance to," Samuel roars once again, his voice radiating hatred.

     "Kiles was kind in the beginning, before he could obessed with experimenting. Unlike you, he actually cared in the beginning. But he changed...he became insane," Rose replies, her voice still as angry as ever.

     "And so you risked the death of our daughter--" Samuel begins.

     "I didn't risk anything! You--" Rose interrupts.

     "I don't care, you are going to die here and now. I will allow Liana to do the honors," Samuel says. He then hands me the dagger and I tremble when holding it. I have killed strigois and the tainted ones before, but that was because I thought they were just horrible creatures. Now, that I know the truth to these people, I can not do it.

     "I can't," I say. My hands are shaking and I'm scared to face Samuel's wrath.

     Rose laughs coldly, her blood flowing down her mouth. "Little girl, did you know that Samuel was the one who killed your father?"

     I smile sadly at her. "Yes, I do," I reply.

     Rose stops laughing immediately and she narrows her eyes at me. "Yet you don't try to get revenge?"

     "I witnessed the scene through a memory, I know that my father sacrificed his life for me. I wouldn't want to kill the man who did as my father asked," I answer her softly.

     She then glares at me. I can feel her urge to strangle me radiating from her body but I know she can do nothing, she's injured and unable to move from her position because of her blood loss. I'm quite surprised that she can still talk to me, or even stay alive.

     I throw my blade to the wall, nailing it. Then I turn to Samuel and say, "She doesn't deserve to be killed."

     Samuel raises his eyebrows and looks at me with a hard expression. "She tried to kill you and you say you don't want to kill her," Samuel says flatly.n

     I nod slowly, as stupid it sounds, I really believe Rose doesn't deserve to die. No one deserves to die, but I had killed a few strigois before; that was before I knew the truth. Now I deeply regret it but once something is done, there's nothing I can do.

     Samuel sighs and he looks at me seriously. "Your compassion will be your weakness," he says coldly and then he kneels down to Rose. Lifting her up, he carries her out the door much to her dismay and protests. I stare at the pool of blood on the floor and I close my eyelids for a brief moment, a moment to remember my life before I was introduced to blood manipulators.