'Well, it's not there now. Are you sure it went underneath the armchair? It didn't run out?'

'No.'

Steven tried to find something to say - but couldn't; his toothache was starting again.

It had begun to rain outside, and Chris was all warm and cosy. He was sat in his office, which sure as hell could do with a cleanup, the waste bin overflowing to the top, the desk rich with dust, and coffee stains here and there.

But at the moment, he was too occupied to give a toss. His laptop was open, and on the screen facing him was a black guy, mid-forties, good-looking.

'And have you seen anything odd?'

'At the house?'

'Yeah.'

'Well, that's the problem; during the visit to the house, I've not seen anything I can classify as supernatural. Yet, the family — I'm helping has recorded several incidents.'

Sam Mellor spoke.

'It could all be a trick, you know.'

A pause came from Chris because this was something he feared. Sam, throwing doubt his way.

'You reckon?'

'I do; look at every case where someone claims to have a ghost haunting them. Most of the time, it's nothing that can't be explained, cold chills in the house, poor ventilation, voices in empty rooms, that could always be a neighbour's T.V.'

'It's not.'

'How can you be so certain? You said yourself, you've not seen anything.'

Chris for a second thought about mentioning his dreams, but that's all they were, sleep films.

'You're right, but there is the footage.'

'What footage? Jog my memory.'

'I thought; I mentioned it before.'

'You probably did, but just go through it again.'

'The footage on YouTube.'

'Oh, yeah, now I remember, and have you watched them?'

'Sure, I have, and to tell you the truth, I thought the films were forgeries.'

'What made you think that?' Sam asked, showing interest by leaning forward into the webcam.

'I don't know, just something about them didn't look right.'

'In what way?'

'The setup, if I'm, to be honest. I'll mean, who the hell puts up webcams in their bedroom unless they've got kinky ideas?'

'You'll be surprised at what some people will do. So you thought this family we're lying?'

'To begin with, yes, but then I began to watch the films over and over. Pausing and playing, taking screenshots.'