26. Lollipops and lilies

OMG!!! This was number 10 in the mystery/thriller!! AHHHHH! *excuse me while I go and scream into my pillow.*

Thank you soooooooooooo much, all you beautiful crazy strangers!!! I love you lots and lots and lots!!! *Here's a cookie!* JK, I don't share food. :P

But you can have cupcakes if this comes #5! So pleaseee vote and comment. Honestly you people make up my day.

I am soooo not perfect, never have and never will be but with all of your wonderful and encouraging comments and words, I feel pretty darn close to perfect!

So thank you again, and remember you are unique and gorgeous and wonderful with all your flaws and insecurities! Someone out there loves you (Me for example) so be happyy!!!

**

PS: If you couldn't read the previous chapter, its because it's private. Sorry about that.

So all you have to do is follow me, and reopen the app or readd the book. Any doubts or complications, drop me a message.

Thank you!

Chapter 26

Lollipops and lilies.

~~

Previously on ADWTD:  Suddenly something shiny gold and white caught my eye I blinked, trying to get a good look at it. But it was just a wrapper of some kind, possibly a lollipop, so I ignored it. Until something clicked in my brain.

I gasped and froze, making Colton stumble and look at him in frustration. "Don't tell me you freaking changed your mind Smith."

I couldn't reply not for a few seconds and when I did, it wasn't the answer he was expecting. "I think I know who the killer is."

Colton stood still, hell, I think time stood still. The air was tense, the water barely had ripples and the wind was filled with anxiety.

Finally he blinked. "Say what again?"

I bit my lip, a thousand memories whirling in my mind, it seemed so hard to catch just one and focus on it. It was as if I had opened a tightly sealed gate of memories and now there were just too many, sabotaging my memory lanes, making me confused. But I needed only one, the very one I was terrified of and had locked it at the extreme bottom afraid it might resurface. And now, here I was, searching for that same memory and scared shitless of finding it.

The memory of the day my father was murdered.

I finally found it, clear as if it had happened yesterday and not four years back.

14th September, 2012

It was a Friday afternoon, exactly 3.08, I remember because I had glanced at the digital wall clock on my pale blue walls just as I heard the sound of a broken vase. I knew it was my mom who had thrown it in anger. She needed to join those anger management classes.

I was curled up in my room, with my really old Disney Princess blanket and a chocolate bar, somehow hoping the noises would stop and I could go back to reading my book. But I knew they wouldn't stop anytime soon. This happened every time my father had a new assignment.

My father was a private investigator and a very good one at that, on more than a few occasions he had helped the police authorities with his smart and unique ideas in catching the real killer. He loved his job, he loved helping people and mom loved him for that. But he also took risks, way too many unnecessary risks, mom hated that so did I.