10. Just three months and then done.

Andrew Hastings (Colton's Dad)

Hot? I know.

Chapter 10.

Just three months and then done.

~~~

The view from the balcony was breath-taking. The garden was decorated with strings of lights, highlighting the trees and beautiful flowers. A small fountain right in the middle sprouted water and the lights made the water look colourful. There were even a few benches to sit and two of them were occupied by couples talking and kissing. It looked peaceful, contrary to what I was feeling.

"Great view huh?" I jumped at the sudden voice before letting out a puff of air through mouth. I didn't care to turn back, knowing who it was.

"Yeah." I agreed, leaning further on the rails. If I fell down now, would I die or just break a few bones? I didn't get the time to find it out.

As I felt a presence I had become surprisingly soon accustomed to. His strong scent engulfed me and although I hated perfumes, his was always welcoming. It wasn't strong, it was soothing. His hands rested on the rails right next to me as he took in the exquisite night, not sparing me a glance.

I patiently waited for him to speak, finally after one minute and nineteen seconds minutes of pure torture he spoke. "You called?"

I liked my lips, suddenly feeling nervous. "Yeah, I –uh I don't know why you're pissed." I hesitantly admitted, staring at tiny pink flowers. "I mean are you angry because I met Kevin's parents? Or angry because I haven't met yours? Or because this is all fake?" I bit my tongue at the last question. Of course he wouldn't be angry for that, he suggested this whole fake thing.

He took a step closer. I didn't dare move. My breath got caught when he tilted my chin upwards with his thumb and forefinger. My skin burned, the only I could feel now was his touch. I stared into his eyes as he stared into mine. They were full of determination to prove something- what?

His thumb slowly caressed my bottom lip and I promptly forgot the meaning of breathing. "Breathe." He whispered and I felt it echo into the night. With a gulp I exhaled and inhaled deeply.

He leaned forward, his face coming close, close enough that if I was to just stand on my toes our lips would meet. "Do you feel this is all fake?"

My brain didn't register the question because lips seemed more enchanting than the words coming from them. When it finally did, it froze. I blinked inarticulately. "Huh?"

His thumb grazed my bottom lip again and then to my left cheek, making small circles on it. "This. Does this feel fake?"

Did it? "No." I breathed out.

A small smile dawned his face. "Exactly." His arm went around my waist, pulling me closer. I hit my head on his chest at the sudden action. Unconsciously my arms went around his shoulder, looking into his eyes for some guidance on his next endeavour.

His lips came close and I unconsciously closed my eyes.

Just then the balcony door burst open and we jumped a feet away from each other. "Shit! You didn't lock the door." I whispered sharply, looking down suddenly feeling ashamed.

"Sorry." He whispered back and then I saw his feet take two steps ahead. "Hey mom, dad!"

My jaw dropped and I closed my eyes with mortification. You got to be kidding me!

A melodic voice came into the cool air. "Hey, you must be Racheal. Colton speaks a lot about you."

Taking a deep breath I slowly lifted my head looking at one of the most gorgeous couples ever. His mom was dressed in a long royal blue mermaid dress and silver design embedded on it. It made her eyes shine even more. Her long blue earrings sparkled as her light brown hair blew due to the balcony air. She was smiling politely at me with her nude lips. His father was dressed in a full black suit with a virgin white shirt and plain black tie. His eyes were grey, just like Colton's and black hair with a strong jaw line. Now I could see from where Colton got his gorgeously charming looks.