9. Let's go meet my parents.

Colton's suit.

Chapter 9.

Let's go meet my parents.

~~~

You know that feeling when you have known someone for a period of time and then one day you see that person looking so drop dead gorgeous that you realize you're totally, madly, irrevocably in love with him?

Yeah well I don't know that.

Or so I thought.

"Hey." Colton took a step towards my speechless frame.

I blinked, taking my eyes away from his chest. He was dressed in an oxford blue tuxedo with a crisp white shirt underneath. The bow tie matched his tux perfectly and made his eyes just pop out. The pants fit him so flawlessly that you'd feel sorry to take it off him and yet here I wanted him to take everything off so I could admire God's flawless beauty.

Where was God when I had to receive a good body?

"Hey." I replied, my voice sounding breathless. Yes my hormones were starting to take control! I cleared my throat, glancing away from him before my brain disposed of everything but Colton's image. "Nice hotel. "I muttered meekly.

"Yeah, shall we?" he came closer, his eyes roaming all over me before offering his elbow.

I stared at it with horror. Should I? The trouble of controlling my feelings wasn't enough and now I had to touch him too. Hormones please behave yourselves.

"Smith?"

I sighed and latched my hand over his elbow. The sudden sensation of getting electrocuted and my responsive flinch didn't go unnoticed by him. I took a deep breath. "Let's go Hastings."

As we entered the FIFTY7, I felt too many curious gazes thrown at us. And apparently these rich people didn't know the meaning of whispering.

"Who is she? What is Colton doing with her?" Some rich old lady whispered or she thought she was whispering to the other lady with her.

"Is that Colton Hasting's date?" another woman spoke.

"She doesn't even look that good." A young lady muttered.

"I think she looks pretty good." The guy besides her replied earning a slap on his shoulder.

My hold around his arm tightened as I tried to block out their comments and stared at the beautifully decorated place. There were small chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and round white tables with red chairs. A few people sat on their designated chairs while some were standing and talking with wine glasses in their hands.

"Colton." A voice called and I sighed with relief at seeing a familiar face.

"Nathan." I almost screamed with joy, pulling him into a hug.

He hugged me back but pulled away almost instantly. Colton had his hand on my lower back and I bit my lip from groaning at the sensation that flowed through my veins at his mere touch.

"You are my date." He whispered right into my ear.

I glanced around and saw a few people staring at us with interest.

"It was just a hug." I whispered in protest.

"No that was a bear hug. Here you just put a hand on the shoulder and lean and barely kiss the cheek, that's it." Colton replied, pushing me ahead as Nathan followed closely behind.

"I hate this." I muttered under my breath, thankfully he didn't hear me or if he did, he ignored it. I turned to Nathan with an apologetic look. "Sorry, you wouldn't be in trouble right?"