Big City View

Beren Saat/Katrina Kaif as Preeti (You guys chose).

Sitting on the leather seats of a yellow American cab, the girls were all lost in their thoughts. It had been exactly a week since they visited Ricky Bahl and as their minds filled with disapointment but their hearts didn't give up.

For the last week they chilled in their luxiorious bungalow, Anaya enjoying her last few moments with Justin before he left for work, Sanvi woorying about her parents and about returning to Mumbai and Ria trying to find a new way to track down Kukkad. In the end, they decided they will hit New York, to get a beeter in look into Kukkad's way of thinking and enjoy Ria's adoptive sister's wedding.

The cab slowy pulled in front of a massive white venue/hotel that looked an awfully lot like a palace that even the taxi driver stared. As the girls unloaded their baggage, a woman in her late twenties stepped outside. Her hairs slightly curled and natural shades of make up highlighting her features, she smiled at them and then pulled Ria into a hug.

"Hello to you two di" said Ria, exasperated at the tight hug while her sister chuckled and pulled away. She peeked at Sanvi and Anaya, curiosity clear in her expression.

"Girls, this is my sister." Ria introduced pointing at the woman who bought her hand forward for Anaya and Sanvi to shake.

"I'm Preeti." the woman greeted. They all walked inside the venue and watched chaperons and waitresses run around making last minute arangements. They spent the next half an hour meeting different members of the Khanna family and admiring their surroundings.

Eventually they became very tired and were shown to their rooms, and as Anaya and Sanvi fell exhausted on their bed Ria sat with Preeti in her front room and they catched up over a cup otf tea.

"So who are those two girls with you?"asked Preeti, sipping her tea carefully. And Ria couldn't possibly tell her the truth so she made up a story.

"Oh, they are my friends since a long time on facebook so we decided to meet up. I thought it would be nice to invite them to your wedding. Unless you have a problem?"

"No, its good you invited someone." Preeti nodded along, her expression betraying her word as it was clear she wasn't believing a word Ria was saying but she went along with it.