A slight knock on my door pulled me out from my thoughts. I turned my back and Zelda emerged with a huge smile on her face.

"Good Morning Gab"

She stepped aside and I half expected it to be another gentleman to help me on something, but to my surprise and disappointment, it was Uncle Sully. It's been over a month since the last time I saw him or talked to him. After that incident where he asked me to stay away from Lexi, our relationship was strained and somehow I've kept my distance from him, avoiding any possible encounters. He'd still invite us over dinner at the mansion but I always turn his invites down and say that I am busy or I'm sick or anything just to avoid seeing him. He called a week ago asking me to meet him somewhere because he has something to tell me, but again I managed an alibi and he didn't pushed it also. But he's here right now and I'm out of my desk, obviously not busy at the moment, I can't just brush him off right?

Wow, Gabrielle Ervy brushing off her boss! Sounds bad ass to me!

I felt my face grew pale at the sight of him but his warm smile somehow manage to make me relax. I walked closer to greet him and kiss his cheeks. He gently pulled me into an embrace that lasted longer than usual which made me think that he missed me.

"I missed you Gabby"

My heart ached hearing this from the man I looked up to as a father. Even though we were physically distant, with him in the US and me in my hometown, he always tries his best to be there for me. Then I remembered him telling me to stay away from Lexi. I remembered his face looking so stern and his eyes in pain when he said that. I pulled away and set my eyes on him. I felt distant again.

"I missed you too" I manage to muster.

Uncle Sully's eyes flickered to Zelda which meant that he wants us to be alone. She hurriedly went for the door and disappeared almost immediately. Uncle Sully gestured to the recliner which only meant one thing, he wanted us to talk. As much as I dreaded this conversation, I have no choice. It's already here in front of me.

"Gab"

My eyes were fixed on the floor and probably it will just stay there. He called me again.

"Gabrielle"

His tone and calling me by my first name made my eyes travel up, meeting his gaze. His eyes held so much sadness and it seemed that he aged quite a bit. The crease in his forehead and his shaking voice tells me that like me, he is nervous.

For sure he'd be talking about the same things again because obviously I've been too stubborn to follow his orders. I felt the rage started to build up in my chest but I took a deep breath and tried so hard to calm down.

"I got this. I got this"

I kept saying this in my head over and over until the anger somehow subsided and I was ready for whatever it is that he might say, AGAIN.

"I know the past weeks have not been great for the both of us. Obviously you are avoiding me Gab and.. you are mad at me.. But we can't continue treating each other like this Gab"

My green eyes were still locked on his greens and for the first time, I was so amused how our eyes were so much alike. It almost looked like I am staring at my eyes in the mirror. Then he continued.

"I'm sorry if I had to ask that from you but believe me Gabby, it's for the better"

I was right, he's here to talk to me about Lexi again. I tried so hard to keep my composure which I know will be quite impossible.

"How it is better?"

"Gab, just do what I say! I can't re-.."

"I can't do it Uncle Sully"