Eight

Another night spent on the cold floor with only a coat for warmth. My sleepy eyes started to open when I heard the creaking of the cage door open. I noticed a man in a suit coming towards me but I shut my eyes to seem like I was still sleeping; couldn't get a look at his face.

     I was scooped up and held close to a besting heart. The warmth of whoever was holding me made me curl up into their chest more. Their chest shook as a low chuckle hummed in my ear. A chuckle I'd know from anywhere.

     After being carried down the hallway for a while, the loud creak of a door and the freezing air told me we were outside. The mysterious man climbed in the backseat with me curled up in his lap. The door shutting shook the car as I finally opened my eyes.

     "Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty." Said the Joker. His teeth shining down at me through his crimson lips. I smiled as his warm had caressed my cheek as we drove off. "J.." I whimpered.

     "J isn't here, kitten." Said Felix. In the blink of an eye, Joker's green hair was brown. My favorite blue eyes were green with thick black glasses around them. The soft purring in his voice, was the British accent that makes my blood boil.

     His jaw clenched in anger and jealousy. He'll never have my respect from what he did to me.

     "Where are we going?" I asked curling up into the coat; freezing. He looked out the window and played with my hair a little.

     "I'd like to show you something."

     I sighed and tried sitting up to curl up in the corner, but his grip on my neck stopped me. "Shh. Just lay here, kitten. I won't hurt you, unless you disobey your daddy." He growled, his face only inches from mine.

     "Y-yes sir.." I whimpered nodding quickly. He took his hand off my neck and caressed my cheek while I caught my breath.

     The car finally came to a stop. Felix scooped me up again and carried me into an apartment building. On the top floor where we stopped, was a big penthouse. He set me down and I walked around amazed. Grand piano in the corner, large couch in front of a flat screen with the view of the city behind it. Windows surrounding the whole room of the city.

     "Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked, kissing my neck softly. I was frozen, admiring the beauty of the world I came to hate because of him. The cars looking small from here. The people, barely visible. All the lights from rooms that were on; different shades of yellows and whites. Some with blinds or curtains, some without. Not to mention the planes up above illuminating the star-filled sky with red and green lights.

     "C'mere, kitten." He purred, pulling my hand away. He lead me upstairs to the master bedroom. A very large master bedroom, that is. Large lit fireplace with two chairs and a nice rug with bookshelves surrounding it. Just next to it was another large bathroom. And to top it off, an extremely large bed. The white covers perfectly made with black pillows and black lamps on either side to match on a table. Did I mention it was also elevated on a little platform with another stunning view of the city.

     "You like?" Felix asked. I looked at him and nodded slowly, my mouth wide open in shock and awe. "I love." I whisperer walking over to the fireplace.

     Pictures of Felix and many other women his age in different places. On top the mountains, swimming in a lake. But hanging up in the middle, bigger than the rest, was Felix, Molly, and I. Him holding the camera and Molly splashing me, smiling, sitting and playing in a little pond we found. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

     I took the picture off the wall and looked at it closely. Her perfect blonde ringlet curls dripping wet with my all brown hair at the time pulled back in a pony tail. We were happy, just me and her. We didn't pay attention to Felix. I remember him getting mad when we didn't look at the camera but he took it anyway.

     Then he took her.

     "Let's not dwell on the past..." He whispered, putting the picture back on the wall. He turned and faced me, taking off his jacket and smirking at me. "And let's... Start a new..." He kissed me rough, instantly sliding his tongue in my mouth and tugged my lip as he pulled away.

     He's still a horrible kisser.

     He pulled me towards him and wrapped my legs around his waist. He kept kissing my neck and walked over to the bed, laying me down and climbing over me. He slowly kissed from my lips to my neck, and down my chest to just under my bust where my dress finally stopped.

     My eyes perked up when a familiar growl filled my ears. His blue eyes and green hair smiled at me as he kissed me passionately. His body closed any empty space as he laid flat on top of me, biting and tugging my lip the right way, it was hard to hide the soft moan he caused.

     "There's my good kitten." He purred, back to being Felix. I don't know what the hell is going on, but this won't be a fun night.