* * *

Finally, I was able to get away from Felix for a while. I crept my way into Molly's room while she was asleep. Her precious body rising and falling with every breath. I would do anything for this little angel. I lightly pulled a strand of her blonde curly hair away from her face and caressed her cheek. Her sleepy blue eyes looked up and she smiled at me. 

"Hi mommy." She whispered

"Hey babygirl." I said back kissing her forehead. She scooted over in her bed and pulled the covers away a little. I kicked my shoes off and climbed under the blankets with her. She snuggled up on my chest as I began to hum a lullaby, stroking her hair and kissing her head. Soon enough, she fell asleep, as did I.

I was eventually awoken to her shaking. Her breathing became fast and heavy, practically wheezing. "Molly?" I shook her, but her eyes didn't open. "Molly!" I yelled, same response. Her lips were parted and blood started to drip out onto her white nightgown and sheets. I yelled for Felix and kept shaking her. Felix came but just stood in the doorway, and I looked down to a motionless Molly.

Her body stopped...

Her breathing stopped...

Her heart stopped...

The next few days, I spent grieving over her. After a while, there had to be a funeral, but I had no money to give her what she deserved. That's the night I was shot getting the gold chain from the mansion, to pay for her special day that I never went to.

Felix arranged the funeral; Joker kept me captive. He kept me in the basement of his club to heal from my wounds, and because of him, I missed her funeral. Every night, I crept out and drove to her grave. I would fall asleep with her blanket in my arms next to her. Felix always knew he would find me here, and sometimes take me back to his house. I'd either wake up with Felix or back in my bed under the club, but nothing stopped me from spending my nights with my daughter.