* * *

With every turn I took, another car was stopped waiting for me. Flashing blue and red and echoing their siren throughout the streets. I finally got away and ran into an alley they couldn't get me in. Climbing over a fence, ripping my jacket pocket, and making me stumble on the way down. I hurried to my feet and took cover behind a dumpster, noticing the gold chain the cops were after me for was on the ground.

"Shit.." I whispered, checking the hole in my pocket. It was too late to get it back at this point, they were too close on my tail. I waited until they were out of sight to sprint back towards the fence. I tried slipping my hand under to reach the chain, but it was too far away and my time was running out. I made one last attempt to grab the chain but my sleeve got caught instead. It was a struggle to get it free, but doing so, cops ran over towards me. The only option I had was to leave the jacket behind.

I slipped my arm out and grabbed everything in the pockets and ran. Pushed some wood and metal out of the way and barricaded myself into an abandoned building.

I felt really dizzy and stumbled over till I was face first on the cold ground. My white tank top was now stained with blood on my side where I was shot. Footsteps echoed around me but by now, I was too weak to move. I heard a small chuckle before blacking out.