"Ambush left!" I yelled when I saw an enemy on the left, we shoot there. Then the shooting stop, I think we are all clear.

We scan the surrounding to check and we see that it was totally clear. I checked on the soldier that was hurt, pain was written on his face, he was also crying and keep mentioning the name of his mother and how it hurt, I think his new.

I asked the soldier who belongs to my company to help him, I also put a guard on them three to protect them in case there's another attack.

We have reached our military base there, we entered and asked for a medical attention for the soldier who was hurt.

After that I headed my way to Miller who was standing there and held him by the collar.

"What the heck is wrong with you! You almost get your men killed!" I yelled at him and he pushed me back.

"I didn't know okay! And he is not even one of your men, he is mine" he said.

"You're an irresponsible commander! You almost get your men all killed! You're duty is to protect your subordinates at all cost" I yelled at him then walked away, he was just standing there with mouth hanged agape.

That night we let the soldiers rest, but all those who have highest position stayed late, studying the terrain of the place and making battle strategies.

We also studied the movement of the terrorist who hostaged almost 3000 refugees, we find their location and tried to figure out how to rescue them.

Everyday we are sending a recon in the place to study the movement of the enemy, we are studying it so that we can make a good strategic plan.

We managed to save some of the refugees, we built a temporary shelter for them which consist of tents.

Several months later, we already saved so many refugees. And mh brother scott became fond of one of the kid there, he was about five years old and he was an orphan, his parents was killed when we are rescuing them.

But scott took care of him. He would play with him, scott even read a bed time story for him before he goes to bed.

From several months became a year, and we rescued half of the refugees and we send some of them to another shelter for them.

But an unexpected attack happened, terrorist bombed our base, we are disoriented but we managed to fight back. But severe damage has been done. Many died in that attack, fellow soldiers and civilians and rebels, I was kind of dizzy but I managed to stand up.

I saw a man who is running his body was on fire, I quickly saw a blanket and soaked it in water and put it on him.

The fire died and luckily the man is alive but all parts of his body was burned, he was crying in pain and agony.

"Hey it's gonna be alright, just hold on" I told him.

He was wearing a camouflage, but I didn't recognized him, but I saw his dog tag, and it says Thompson. Oh my god it is Lt. Thompson, he is a close friend of mine.

"Thompson, hold on, I will call for help, just hold on buddy" I told him. He is still screaming in agony, I found a radio and call for help.

The choppers arrived with the medics.

They carried Thompson on a spine board and they immediately flew.

The morning came and I still saw the dead people, so many casualty.

We are lucky to be alive, I saw Clarke, Johnson, parker and jerkins sitting on a corner, they have minor injuries like mine and I wondered where is Scott, then I heard cries from a distance.

I saw a soldier, who is crying hysterically, cradling a young boy on his lap as he hugged it tightly, I approached him but as I go near I recognized him. It was Scott and the boy he was cradling was the boy he grew fond of, he died because of the attack.

It broke my heart to see him like that, I walked towards him and tapped his shoulder lightly.

He looked up at me, tears are running down his face.

"Its all my fault, its all my fault, I should've protected him, saved him in time, but I was too late, I was fucking too late" he sobbed, I cupped his face and said

"Scott look at me, look at me in the eyes. It was not your fault, it was no one's fault, if there's a person we could blame? It was the terorrists" I told him but he kept saying that it was his fault, I hugged him. Our friends limped their way towards us and gave scott a comforting pat on the shoulder.

We managed to convince him that it was not his fault at all, but he was so sad because of the death of his little friend, it hurt him so badly.

I saw Miller helping the others who are wounded, blood was trickling down from his head and he was covered in soot, I myself was like him too, but I ignored my injuroes and went to help the others who really needs us most.

Then I saw Miller having a hard time in carrying our fellow soldier who was badly wounded, I immediately headed his way and helped him in carrying the victim.

He stared at me, I stared back and he just nodded his head at me. We helped each other.

There are so many casualty, almost half of our men was wounded, some are killed.

The daylight came and we completely saw the damage that has been done by the attack.

We put the dead bodies on a body bags. The soldiers that was killed on combat will be ship  home to their families. I saluted them for their valor.

The civilians that was killed was also buried in a mass grave that was blessed by a priest.

The new reinforcements will arrive tomorrow so we have to wait. I got tired and sat on a corner, I fished out the picture of Lauren that I brought. I stared at her beautiful face, God I really missed her. I missed our cuddles together, the small late night talks and everything, I misses her voice, the voice that once saved me from insanity when we were captured by the freaking ISIS last year. Its been a year since I last saw her, I missed home. I will fulfill my promise to her that I will come back alive and not in a box. I am always sticking to that promise. Wait for me to come home Lauren.