Chapter 46

Lauren's POV

I realized what I have done but it was too late, her phone was already switched off. Well you can't blame me, I am worried about her, months ago she suffered in a life and death situation and she's going to risk her life again.

But instead of supporting her decision I made it harder for her, I gave her a choice and it seems like I am breaking up with her, gosh I am so cruel.

"What's wrong Lolo?" I heard Ally asked me. I am crying and I know that right now my make up is already smeared.

"Who made you cry Lolo? And I will give him a polybeat down" Dinah said.

"Y-Y/N" I began to say.

"What?! Y/N made you cry? Oh no wrong move I'm gonna call her and give her a polybeat down!" Dinah said angrily.

"I'll join you D-mac, we will give her an earful of scolding" Ally said. Normani and Camila hugged me.

Dinah tried to dial Y/N's number but she cannot reach her phone.

"She's not answering her phone" Dinah said, irritation is obvious in her tone.

"D-Dinah, Y/N didn't hurt me, in fact I was the one who hurt her" the girls gave me a confused look.

"Well she told me that the guys and her will go on another mission in Iraq and I Object, I don't want her to go and I gave her a choice, to choose between me or her job, I know it was wrong, I should've support her, what if she don't accept my apology?" I asked, the girls soften their gazes at me.

"Aww Lauren, we know that Y/N understand you, you were just worried about her that's all, Y/N is an understanding person, she will forgive you" Camila said.

I really hope.

"Let's just pray for them to be safe always, she will come back to you alive" Ally said and they hugged me, I really love these girls.

"But right now you have to re-do your make-up, we have a show to do" Normani said and we all laughed.

Your POV

When we arrived at the drop-off point, I was the first one who stepped out of the chopper with the soldiers followed after.

We dropped and check the area if ever there is enemy in sight. I c
Scanned the area and there is no enemy.

"All clear" I told them, I heard the others said that the area is all clear, we formed a squad file. One of the soldier counted all of us, I am in the front, I felt a tap on my shoulder and a whisper that it was a good count and we started to march.

We have our guards up, we need to be ready in case someone ambush us.

The Alpha company that was lead by Miller was ahead of us. We march slowly, making sure that our footsteps are light to create no noise, it will be a dead giveaway if our footsteps are heavy, we are not talking to just giving a hand signals to each other.

We heard an unusual rustle of leaves and twigs breaking and I commanded halt, we scattered and find a good hiding spot.

But the Alpha company kept on marching completely ignoring the rustle of leaves. Then someone shoot from the right and one soldier got hit, that's when the whole Alpha company panicked.

"Ambush right!" I yelled and we shoot at the right where the enemies are hiding.

The Alpha became aware of what's happening and took cover, the soldier that was hit on the shoulder was lying there, bleeding.

"Cover me!" I commanded and they cover fire as I run towards the soldier who got hit and dragged him to safety.

I put a cloth on his wound and tied it tightly to put some pressure on his sound to stop bleeding. And I helped in shooting at the enemy.