Chapter 44

Your POV

I carried a log with a weight of almost 7 kilograms for about half of the day under the sun, it was a harsh punishment, we are not allowed to take a break or put the log down.

Well Miller is still glaring daggers at me, I am just staring back at him, well I think he was mad because he's being punished here, well its his fault, he started it.

"Hey Captain, need some shade?" Jerkins asked with an umbrella with him giving me some shade from the hot sun. My eyes widened.

"Jerkins, what are you doing, you'll get in trouble for doing this" I said.

"Captain do you need a sunblock? Or a water perhaps?" Parker asked me. I stared at them in disbelief.

"Captain you need to tend that bruise and you cuts" My brother said, Clarke and Johnson are wiping the sweat on my forehead.

"WHAT THE HECK!" The booming deep voice of Admiral was heard, it made us flinch that I almost let go of the log that was on my shoulder.

"What are you guys doing?!" He asked walking towards us.

"Well helping our captain out?" Scott said, they are standing now at attention.

"Very well, it seems like you want to join your captain, go get some log there and carry it until the sunset!" He said and the four of them saluted and get the log same as mine and stood beside me, I just smiled and shook my head in amusement.

"Well you guys are really crazy" I told them.

"Well all for one, one for all." Scott said and we just laughed.

When the sun fully set the admiral commanded that we can recover.

My shoulder really hurts, we went to our barracks and changed into new set of clothes, I changed into our athletic attire, which is the black under armour shorts and black shirt with the same brand and a running shoes.

I saw the lads putting some pain relief patches on their shoulders, I saw a huge bruise forming on their shoulders.

"Gosh! My face is so tan" Johnson said as he look at himself in the mirror we laughed at him.

"That's what you get for not wearing your cap" I told him.

"Yeah, yeah I will keep it in mind, always wear a cap" he said.

"Hurry up you guys, let's have some dinner, I'm hungry" Parker said.

"Okay, chill Parker, we're done" Clarke said.

After the boys finished changing their clothes we went to the mess hall to get our food. Well our dinner was peaceful, Miller was just glaring at our way and he did not bother us anymore.

After dinner we went back to our barracks to rest, we decide to face time the girls, I ring Lauren's phone.

And my smile grew wide when I saw her face on the screen, but winced in pain after because I forgot that I have a bruise and cut on my face.

She looked at me sternly as if waiting for an explanation while I just gave her a sheepish smile.

"What happened to your face babe?" She asked me.

"Uhm..." I started but I was cut off when Jerkins butted in.

"Well she got into a fight on our first day back" he said then laughed, I playfully glared at him.

"Who's he?" Lauren asked.

"Well babe meet Jerky, and Jerky meet Lauren my oh so beautiful girlfriend" I said.

"Is his first name was beef?" I heard Camila's voice in the background and heard the girls laughter, Lauren was also laughing.

"Why beef?" I asked then I saw Camila's face on the screen, she sat beside Lauren.

"It's because his last name was Jerky, beef jerky" Camila said and we laughed. I saw the girls joined Lauren and she put her phone on the table in order to let me see them all.

I heard the boys laughed and joined me.

"Nice one mila" Clarke said.

"You're getting good at making jokes" Parker said.

"Hey! My name is not beef jerky, my name is Steven Angelo Jerkins" Jerkins whined then pouted like a child.

"Don't pout Jerkins, it does not suit you" Scott said and we all laughed.

"You Y/LN siblings are mean" he said then pouted, we just ruffled his hair.

Then we heard a knock, Johnson opened the door and we saw that it was just Ens. Ralph Brooke.

"What is it?" Johnson asked.

"The commander is calling for Captain Y/LN" he said

"Captain, the commander was calling for you" he relayed the message to me.

I sighed and look at the screen.

"Sorry to cut this short babe, but the commander is calling for me" I said sadly.

"Its okay babe, maybe another time" she said.

"Yeah, another time, bye I love you" I said.

"Bye, I love you too" she said and then she hang up.

After that I changed into some decent clothes and went to the Commander's office, I saw admiral Jones and saluted at him before proceeding to the commander's office.

I saw Miller there, and he was shocked to see me there. We stood at attention in front of the Commander.

The commander motioned for us to sit.

"I would like to say that your next mission is in Iraq" he said.

"We are aware of that sir" I said and he nodded.

"Why did you call for me sir then?" Miller asked.

"Well you two are going to be the mission leader of the Eagle battalion" he said.

"What? The two of us? But sir, Captain Miller and I doesn't get along well as you can see" I said and Miller glared at me.

"Yeah, we are not getting along, I hate her guts" he said.

"Ditto" I said and glared at him.

"Well I am aware of that, Admiral Jones told me, but you two will have to get along wether you like it or not, your mission is to save the 3000 refugees that was captured by the terrorist" he said and our jaw dropped.

"3000? How can we handle that?" I asked.

"That is why I need you two to get along in order to accomplish this mission, I need you Captain Y/LN for your wits, leadership and combat tactics and strategies and I need you Captain Miller for your leadership" he said.

"I am counting on you two, you need cooperation and team work" he said.

"So when will this mission start?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, you'll fly back to Iraq at exactly 1000H" he said and all we do was nod, the commander dismissed us, when we got outside Miller glared at me and said that he will be the one who'll lead the battalion then went to his barracks.

I think I'm gonna have a hard time in this mission, I need to tell the boys and I need to tell Lauren.