Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to @logicalnonsense8499. I hope you get well soon and reach your dream of becoming a military combat medic or nurse :)

Your POV

Three days passed since we are held captives of Isis. Three days of pure torture. We can't move a muscles anymore, we have a lot of bruises and cuts in any parts of our body, our clothes now are bloody and tattered.

When I passed out on the first day they wake me up forcefully by pulling me by my hair and dove my head on a plastic drum full of water and drown me there, I really hate the feeling of drowning, I gasp for air when they pulled me out of the water.

They are laughing at our misery, I tried to fought back but they punched me on the freaking stomach and hit me with an AK47 on my back, I am spitting blood, I tried to get away by crawling like a snake because my hands was tied on my back they beat us up until we pass out again, luckily they let us be, that night I woke up on a wooden cage with my teammates, I saw Clarke, Parker, Johnson and my brother Scott sleeping they looked like in pain, I tried to move but winced in pain because my body is so sore, I heard them groan in pain.

"Hey g-guys, why are you a-awake?" I said grunting in pain.

"W-we a-re just being a-alert" Scott said also grunting in pain

"H-how's y-your l-life g-guys?" Parker asked with difficulty in speaking.

"F-fine, still alive and k-kicking" we said in unison and laughed then winced in pain because we forgot about our bruised torso and probably broken ribs.

"Do y-you t-think J-jerkins w-will make i-it t-to the b-base?" Clarke asked grunting and groaning in pain.

"J-just t-trust him, h-he will g-get help" I said wincing in pain.

"Can y-you s-sing us a song to us capt. just to ease the pain?" Parker asked me.

"Yes p-please?" They asked me.

"O-okay" I agreed then think of a song. Then a song popped up on my mind then I heard her soothing voice again on my mind making me relax instantly, then I forget that I am here inside a cell dying slowly.

"Okay listen guys" I said then started to sing.

W-when I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind

He broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it.

M-my momma swore she would never let herself forget,
And that was the day that I promised I never sing of love if it does not exist.

But darling you are the only exception
You are the only exception
And I'm on my way to believing.

I finished the song and I heard the soft snore of the lads, I must live, I want to meet the girl who sang this song.

I let the sleep took over me.

I woke up when I felt a cold water pour down unto my face, I opened my one eye, since I cannot open the other eye due to swelling above my eye.

They gave us food but we didn't eat it, it might have poison in it.

Half of the day they did nothing to us, they just stared at us, then when the afternoon comes the pulled us out of our prison then tied on the chair, they put a gag on our mouth, and they get the sharp blades, we stared at the blade in horror, then they grinned evilly,

They slashed the blade on our arms, we want to scream in pain but it was prevented by the gag on our mouths, we squirmed on our seats, trying to get away but it was futile since the ropes are straining us from getting away.

The tears fell on our eyes, I want to give up, I want to die now, just to end this misery, but something particularly someone is holding me back, the voice of the girl who sang the only exception, whenever i'm in the verge of quitting her voice starts to speak on my head, words of encouragement to fight. That voice keeps me sane.

When the night fell they put us back on our cell, feeling like shit, we just held hands we are each other's strength, I sang them the song again, that song became our lullaby,

Day three, today they dragged us out of our cell, then start the beating, I can't take it anymore, my body is now giving up, and the rebels just laugh in our misery, then they put uor heads on the fallen body of the tree,

"American bastards" they said the spat at us. Maybe this is the end, I faced my team," its nice working with you guys", I said smiling.

"You too Capt. you're the best captain ever" Clarke said

"A-agreed" said the rest, my brother smiled at me,

"I'm very proud of you sis, at least we're gonna die together" he said crying,

"Ditto" I said then I just closed my eyes tears are running down my face, I saw the shadow of the man holding an axe, then I heard a gunshot, the man who was about to behead us fell dead. The rescue has arrived.

The Isis panicked and fought back against us army, gunshots was heard, i'm to weak to move now.

I faced my teammates,

"Guys the rescue has arrived" I said suppressing a smile.

"God bless you jerky" we said in unison, then the gunshots stopped and a soldier approached us,

"Captain, Captain do you hear me?" The soldier asked I opened my eyes but its now blurry.

"Hmm" I response unable to speak now,

"Stay with us" the soldier said shaking me lightly,

"Guys help here, the captain and her team needs medical attention" the guy said.

That's the last thing I heard then the darkness took over me.