Chapter Thirty-Four: Backwards (The End)

Last chapter... enjoy!!!

(why must it end...?)

------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 34-

I needed to know how to undo it. I didn't believe the book that said it couldn't be done. It had to be possible.

"Novofigurant," I thought.

If I could figure out how to undo this one, the oter one would do the same.

Right?

I looked around for inspiration. My eyes landed on a clock.

I got up to set the clock to a new time. 

I pulled out a piece of paper (the back of Up All Night music) and wrote:

NOVOFIGURANT

N0V0F19UR4N7...?

I took out all the letters. 

001947

19:47?

That's... 7:47pm!

I set the clock to 7:47.

"Novofigurant,"

It became a triangle.

Nope. 

I took out the paper again and wrote:

Novofigurant

Tnarugifovon

T-na-rug-if-o-von.

Worth a shot.

"Tnarugifovon!" I muttered at the pillow.

It became a pillow-shaped pillow again.

I did it!

"Backwards. We have to do it backwards." I said to the phone.

"Well? Hurry! What does it say to do??"

"It says..." I read to him:

Without blinking, hold up your index and middle fingers above your head. Cross your arms against your shoulders, left over right then right over left. Cross your arms at the elbow, right over left, with your fingers on top. Tap them in a steady rhythm. Each time your fingers touch your arms, say one syllable of "Commutatio." Close your eyes for five seconds.

I wrote it down backwards.

Keep your eyes open for five seconds. With your eyes closed, cross your arms left over right with your pinky, ring finger, and thumb tucked below your arms. Tap them in a steady rhythm, and every time your fingers are not touching your skin, say one syllable of, "Oitatummoc." Then drop your hands, fingers still in the same position, and cross them right over left, then left over right. Then put your hands on the ground.

"Jon," I commanded. "Write this down. I want you to read this to me slowly so I can do them correctly. I have to keep my eyes closed the entire time. Ready?"

"Yes, hurry! We have two minutes before five!"

I read to him the instructions I had written.

"Got it. We have one minute. Are you ready?"

I took a breath. "I think so. I think I've had enough fun with One Direction to last me a lifetime. It's time for both of us to go home."

"What about Mailey?"

"Without this book and her necklace, she has no power. When you get here, shatter the necklace and burn the book. We won't have any trouble any more. No one will."

"It's time."

I counted out five seconds, then closed my eyes.

"Cross your arms, left over right, with your pinky, ring finger, and thumb tucked under your arm."

I did so.

"Tap them in a steady rhythm, and every time your fingers are not touching your skin, say one syllable of, "Oitatummoc."

"Oitatummoc," I chanted, concentrating hard.

"Then drop your hands, fingers still in the same position, and cross them right over left, then left over right."

I did.

"Then put your hands on the ground."

The second I did so, I felt it.

*~*~*

Just like before, I felt dizzy. I felt like I had touched a portkey like in Harry Potter, because something felt like it was yanking at the back of my nose. I felt tingly all over. As if I had been in the air, I felt my feet hit the ground.

I opened my eyes.

I was home.

THE END

---------------------------------------------

A/N

Thank you all for sticking with this story for almost a year. Even through that one time I didn't update for a solid 6 months (I still feel bad about that)... Through all the writer's block, I finally finished my first book in less than a year (ok, so it was 11 months... still!!) with over 2000 reads!

This book is over, but there are plenty of others in the works. Go check out One Direction is After Us, and my newest story, A Rising Star!

I'm only going to have three unfinished ones up at a time :)

Until the next story!

~Cassidy