Chapter Twenty-Three: "Forgotten" Music

-Chapter 23-

I had no time to lose. So I staged something. 

I didn't close the phone when I heard the click. Instead, I raised my voice as loud as it had been when they had gone silent before. 

"Here, let me find it... It's..." I opened the door and dramatically checked my pockets where they could see me. Then I ran up where the boys were and pretended to search frantically for something. "I know I have it here somewhere..." I said into the disconnected phone. The boys stopped in the middle of their hand and stared at me.

PRESSURE.

I found a duffel bag that said SHONE on the side and searched through it. I found a lot of clothes and some sheet music, which I buried under all of the clothes. 

"Oh, crap! I left it in... Oh, no. I can't believe I... Look, I'll call you back, ok?!" Then I flipped the phone shut.

"There goes Jon, losing things again..." Louis teased. 

"Look. I left my sheet music for More Than This and One Thing in the dressing room," I lied to the driver. "Any chance we can turn around and get it?"

 "Is it really that important?" he monotoned.

"Yes, very!" I said.

Zayn spoke to me. "Look, we can just skip those songs. No biggie," 

"Um, well, er... I have What Makes You Beautiful and I Want on the back of those! That's four songs we won't be able to perform!" I exclaimed. 

Harry and Zayn exchanged a worried glance. "Are you serious?" Liam asked, suddenly a little worried. 

"Alright, let's go get them. But hurry!" Harry agreed. 

"Thanks, mates," I said awkwardly. 

The driver agreed to turn around and head back. We drove in near silence.