Chapter Twenty-Four: One More Thing...

-Chapter 24-

When we finally pulled up to the stadium, which was mostly empty since we took the back route, I realized it would look suspicious if I came out with a leather book and no sheet music. So I picked up Jon's duffel bag. 

"Why are you taking that?"

"It's, uh, windy. I don't want them to blow away," I said. 

As if on cue, the door opened and a huge gust of wind blew all of our hair back. 

Thank goodness it really was windy. 

I stepped out into the darkness, flinging the Directioners off of me when they wanted pictures or autographs. Mostly because I'm not good at forging signatures, but also because I was in a hurry. 

I nearly sprinted inside, jumping up onto the empty stage and trying to remember which door I had to go through to get TO the stage the first time earlier that day. 

I turned on the lights in the dressing room. The book was sitting exactly where I remembered it being. I scared myself with Jon's reflection, thinking someone else was in the room with me.

Waiting for my heart to stop beating so fast, I stuffed the book in the bag without looking too closely at it. I then pulled out the pieces of sheet music I said I'd left and put them on top in case they decided to look at them. I buried the book under my clothes and zipped it tightly. I quickly scanned the room to see if I could find anything. 

The girl had darted out of the room in front of me. I looked on the ground and the walls for anything she might have left behind. 

And that's when I found it.