Chapter Twenty-Seven

Maddy's POV

Jacob reached out his hand towards me to get me off of the ground. Should I accept it? Can I trust him?

I shouldn't. I'm with Mark. And he told me not to forget him.

But would it be rude to not take it, right?

I grabbed his hand. He blushed a little, and I have to admit, it was kinda cute.

He led me back to his table and the squad greeted me like nothing ever happened. It was a bit weird.

I was getting this vibe like they all knew something I didn't. Eventually I gave in. Why should I have to be paranoid all of the time?

     Pretty soon I was informed that Caitlin and Ed were having they're anniversary party in a few days and they wanted me to come.

     I told them I would, but I would leave if things got sketchy.

     They seemed pretty happy about it.

****

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Mark was supposed to call me but he wasn't.

And Jacob was being really nice today. Did he want us to get together again?

I really did like Jacob, but I couldn't just leave Mark.

Finally, I got a call.

     But it wasn't the heartfelt call I was hoping to receive. "Maddy, I need help" Mark frantically said.

     Startled, I answered, "What are you talking about?"

     "So I finally got settled in, and I found the recruitment office, right?" He began. "So I got there, and they totally don't remember me."

     "Oh no! So what are you going to do, your parents said you have to stay for at least a year." I stated.

     "Yeah I know, I'll have to figure something out. I'll keep trying. And I have to go soon, I didn't get unlimited calls." He said.

     "That's fine. Goodbye."

     "Goodbye."

****

     I'm so sad that this story is ending soon. Do you think I'll get 4K reads by then? Lol. And don't forget to vote and follow me for a follow back! Love you!