Chapter Three

Maddy's POV

     I lived a bit far off from the school, and the car ride with my mom was pretty awkward.

     "Honey, are you excited for your first day?" My mom asked me.

     "Of course I am, mom." I lied. I hate lying to her but it's not like I could tell her that I didn't have friends. She'd tell dad, and I'd hate to disappoint him.

     "I wish I could be in middle school again. Those were the days." She said.

     "Ok mom" I responded. If only she knew.

     The rest of the ride was filled with the sound of silence as her minivan's tires rolled across the pavement.

     I had her drop me off a mile from campus to avoid having anyone from my year see me walk into the school. I didn't want to be noticed.

As I walked along the cracked and bumpy sidewalk, I felt a bit sad. I don't want to school.

     There was over 3,000 kids attending Virginia Academy, so how come not a single one has tried to talk to me?

     I've actually never felt lonely until today. I'll just excuse it for my lack of sleep.

     Finally I had reached my destination. As I was about to open to door to the grand hall, I noticed I mob of people in the car park. I wonder who they were after.

As soon as I stepped in this massive school, I was almost trampled by the other kids who were trying to find their first class.

     Panting, I ran to the bathroom for some privacy. I quickly sent a text to Tommy, my older brother. Tommy wasn't just my brother, he was my only friend growing up.

     He hadn't been to popular while he was attending high school, so we had a lot in common. But now, he was in college in Europe. And he had a girlfriend. And he didn't have time for me.

     My text said "Hey bro I just got to school. It's my first day please wish me luck"

He sent a new message that said, "Sorry Mads I can't text a ton while I'm in Europe- who wants to pay for those international data plans".

What? My only friend had just told me I couldn't text him anymore. This is the worst day of my life.

I heard the bell ring and went to my first class.

How do you like the story so far? I'm currently working on improving the content of chapters one and two so the story is more interesting and flows better. The next chapter is Jacobs POV. Please give me comments or suggestions and vote if you'd like more :) (Spoiler alert - Maddy and Jacob will be meeting soon. I'm not sure when, but it will for sure be in the next few.