Chapter Twenty-Four

Jacob's POV

     This was it. There's no turning back.

     "Hello?" Mark said again through the phone.

     "Hello, is this Mark Thomas from the Virginia Academy soccer team?" I said in my best fake argentine accent.

      "Yeah, that's me, who is this?" He asked.

     I took a deep breath. Was it too late to turn back?

     "This is the head coach for Argentina's football team. While we were scouting for players, we happened to see you at one of your recent games. We think you would be a valuable prospect." I said while continuing the fake accent.

     I heard him pause. I knew this wasn't believable enough.

     "Do you really want me? What do I have to do?" He answered.

     "We can only accept players who live in Argentina, so you will have to move here first. Then we can start your training." I said. Am I pushing this too far?

     He took a deep breath. "Wow, that's a bit of a move. But I have always wanted to travel. Can I think about it?"

     "Of course." I said. "If you decide to go just meet us at our office when you get here. I hope to see you soon, Mark."

     I hung up the phone shortly after. I immediately felt guilty.

     ****

     Sorry this is short but it's important to the plot so I hope that helps. I'll also be without wifi for a few days so I won't be able to update. Sorry, I know I'm awful at uploading daily :(. Anyways thank you for 2k views :) and make sure you vote and follow me (I'll follow back) love you bye