Chapter Eighteen

Jacob's POV

     It all happened so fast. One minute I was taking selfies, and the next Maddy was on the ground.

     The pile of sand from the selfie I was taking had landed right in her face, and I guess she got some in her eyes.

     I started to walk over, but before I could get there, Mark was already calling out to her and asking if she was ok.

     I knew Mark was starring at her.

     He lead her off of the beach without hesitation and I couldn't find her again.

     "Cheer up Jacob, she'll be fine." Hunter suggested.

     "Of course she's fine, it's just sand. What's not ok is the fact that Mark is with her and I'm not." I retorted.

     "It's not like they'll be falling in love." Caitlin joked.

     I sighed. Part of me wanted to believe her, but I am the jealous type.

     "You've literally only known her for a week, just find a new girl." Ed said in an irritated tone.

     "It could have been love at first sight, like you and Caitlin." Cameron suggested. "I'm sure she still likes you dude."

     Caitlin's mom arrived shortly after to drive Caitlin, Ed and I home. She was supposed to drive Maddy home to, but she probably left with Mark.

     Caitlin's mom was the life of the party, and the ride home did cheer me up a bit.

     But as soon as I got home I was thinking about Maddy again.

How do you guys like the story? The book is about halfway done and I'm considering a sequel :) make sure you follow me (I'll follow back) and vote if you like the story. And thank for getting this story to almost 1k reads! I love you so much