Chapter Twenty-Three

Maddy's POV

I felt nervous as I ate my lunch. It really looked like Jacob's squad was up to something.

Did Jacob tell them that I told him I loved him? And did he not really love me?

Was that phone call just another trap to bait me into humiliation?

I felt a lump in my throat.

I wasn't about to cry in the middle of the lunchroom, so I just kept talking to Mark and his squad to distract myself from it. I can't believe I'm letting them get to me again.

"What's wrong, you seem upset?" Mark asked me.

"Oh, nothing, I'm fine." I replied.

     "You can't let Jacob keep bothering you, Maddy." I responded, obviously ignoring the fact that I said I was fine.

     I sighed. It's been a long day.

     ****

     Later at night I sat in my room and ate a cold slice of vegan pizza while watching Bob Ross. It was pretty relaxing.

     After I had gotten through about every episode, I decided to go to sleep.

     I put my plate on the pile of other dirty plates and just decided to pick it up in the morning.

     I woke up to the obnoxious sound of an alarm, but it wasn't my alarm.

     I looked at my phone, and it was only midnight. And it wasn't an alarm. It was a call.

     It was from Mark. I hit accept.

     His voice sounded a bit different, like he was happy, yet sad.

     "Listen, Maddy, we need to talk.

     ****

Sorry the Maddy chapters are so short lol. And sorry I haven't uploaded in a while but I might put 24 out today cause I kinda left you at a cliffhanger. Make sure you vote on chapters you like and follow me (I'll follow back) love you bye