Chapter One

Maddy's POV
Hi. I'm Maddison Johnson. But I usually go by Maddy . I know I'm not the prettiest or the smartest or the richest girl in Virginia Academy, but I believe that someday I can be.

     But for now, I'll have to settle for being invisible.

I'll have to say though, it's so much simpler to not be noticed by anyone. I have no friends outside of my family to worry about, and no boyfriend I have to please.

     I haven't even learned the names of anyone at my school and I doubt they've learned mine. And I don't need to. I'm perfectly happy being a nobody, right?

I was fully awake when my alarm went off at 4 A.M. Monday morning. School started at six and I wanted to have enough time to check tumblr before I had to get dressed and clean up.

     After a I looked through all of my social media accounts, I began to roll out of bed. Getting up was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

     I had absolutely no motivation to get ready for my day.

     I started to pick out an outfit, which wasn't too hard, considering we were only allowed to wear polos in white, black, or orange. Those were the school's colors.

     I walked over to the bathroom to splash some cold water on my face. I still wasn't fully awake and it looked like I was going to be running a little late.

I pulled on my black Virginia Academy government mandated polo and my khakis before brushing my teeth. I looked in the mirror and whispered to myself, "Don't worry, Maddy, it's just the first day."

     "It's time to go honey" my mom called from downstairs.

     "I'll be there in a second." I yelled back to her.

     I heard my dad grumble something about how I shouldn't speak to my mother like the way I usually do, but I brushed it off.

     My mom sounded like she was in a rush, so I didn't have time to make sure I had everything I needed in my school bag.

     I grabbed what I had and ran downstairs. My mom wasn't sitting in the living room, so I could only assume she was waiting for me in the car.

     I hopped in the front seat and tossed my bag in the back. And with that my mom began to drive me to school.

Hey guys! I know the first chapter is short but keep reading if you want more! The next chapter will be in Jacobs POV