Chapter Seventeen

Maddy's POV

"Are you Ok?" a strange voice called out. I heard him run towards me.

I had just been hit in the eyes from a huge pile of dry sand. And I'm pretty sure Jacob was the one who is threw it.

Did he do this on purpose? Was our entire friendship all a ploy to embarrass me?

No matter who did it, getting that much sand in your eyes at once hurts a lot. I couldn't see a thing.

I responded to the mystery boy, "I'm fine but, I think I'm blind."

"No worries. I could get us an uber to the clinic so we could get your eyes cleaned up." He said. "Here I'll lead you off of the beach."

"Did you see what happened? Like, who threw the sand?" I asked him.

"I saw Jacob throwing sand for whatever reason, but I'm not to sure." He said.

So it was Jacob. I knew I shouldn't have trusted the popular kids.

When our uber arrived, the mystery boy helped me into the car and we drove off. I was too hurt to talk to anyone.

We were the only people at the clinic, so I was able to get my eyes cleaned out quickly. When I stepped out in the waiting room I was able to see who the mystery boy was.

I still didn't recognize him.

"How did it go, are you all good?" He asked me. He looked like he was pretty concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. Thank you for taking me here." I told him.

"No problem at all. Are you up for nice cream or should I just take you home?" I asked.

"I could always go for nice cream." I responded.

He then called an uber to take us to the best dairy-free ice cream place in town, and when we finished that he had another uber take us back to my house.

It must have cost him a ton.

On the ride back, he asked me. "Hey, I didn't get your name."

"It's Maddy." I told him. "What's yours?"

"Mark."

I hope you guys are enjoying the little plot twist :) are you #teamJaddy or #teamMardy lol. Make sure you follow me to get updates on when new chapters will be released. And vote if you like the story so far. Love you