Chapter 52- "Do you want to go to Prom with me?"

Start from the beginning

I picked the basket up off the ground and walked away, pushing through the crowd that had formed.
~ ~ ~ ~

I opened the front door of the house, walking in and dropping my stuff on the side table by the door. I heard someone playing the piano, which echoed throughout the house.

Shoving my phone in my back pocket and heading towards the living room; I saw Joel and Alex sitting at the piano. I leaned up against the wall, crossing my arms; I watched as they played at the same time and Alex hummed softly.

They both ended the song then, and Joel gave her a kiss. My heart fell and Ryker just kept appearing in my mind. Snapping out of my thoughts, I clapped.

They both pulled back and looked at me startled "Hey." Alex gave me a small smile, hugging me quickly "How you've been?" "Okay, I guess." I shrugged.

Since we've been home, I've been sending a lot of time with my brothers, Alex, and Shaliene from school. The gang is just a lot to handle with right now, and its a lot to take on.

"Well I have homework I'm going to head to the library for some books. I just wanted to drop off some groceries." I stated, standing up straight. "Drive safely." Joel nodded.

"Always do." I whispered loud enough for them to hear, before turning around and walking out of the house again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The bell rang when I opened the door of the library, only to be greeted b the librarian; Mrs. Brooks.

"Oh my snickerdoodles. Rain, its been so long since I've seen you." Mrs. Brooks gasped, hugging me quickly. "Hey Mrs. B." I smiled, pulling out of the hug.

"I heard everything on the news. I was so worried, are you okay?" She asked concerned, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Yeah, I just caught up in a bunch of stuff."

"Well if you ever want help, you know where I am." She smiled. "Thanks Mrs. B." I chucked, then walking away to the back of the library.

Scanning over the shelves to find a world history book on world history of the middle ages. I flipped through the papers and skimmed over to decide if I needed it or not.

"Rain?" A innocent voice questioned behind me, making me whirl around to see Melanie. "Mel? What are you doing here?" I asked, sqautting down to her height.

"Getting a new book since I finished mine." She grinned. I looked around but couldn't find anyone "Who are you with?"

"My mom." She stated. "Your mom?" I asked confused, furrowing my eyebrows together. "Melanie." A voice called "Oh there you are."

I looked up to see a women with long brown hair, a light complexion, pink plump lips, skinny figure dressed in a white shirt, black jeans, and heels. But I knew those bright blue eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry- She just walks off sometimes." The women apologized and I was in a state of shock. "Mommy." Melanie tugged on her hand.

I stood up from the squatting position I was in and stared at her. "Mrs. Anderson?" I asked, blinking slowly. "You must be Rain.." She trailed off.

"How'd you know?" I asked. "Because you're exactly how Ryker expalined you as the most beautiful girl in the world." She stated with a small smirk tugging at her lips.

"I'm sorry..I'm just in shock. Your Ryker's mom?" I asked, and she nodded with a small smile "Yes, they ran into me at South Carolina and Leah and Reece encouraged me to move up here."

"Oh my God.." I whispered in a mumble. "Want to grab some coffee? I'll expalin everything." She offered, and I looked up to her bright blue eyes that were identical to Ryker's.