Sisterly comfort

Lauren P.O.V

"Aww come on Laur, gimme the remote!" Toby whined as I kept the remote out of his hands laughing.
"NOPE! If you want it you gotta get it yourself!" I said while getting off the couch and running to the other side of the room. Toby got off the couch and started chasing after me and we both started running around the couch like how a fish swims in a fishbowl.
I ran all the way upstairs and into my room I share with Lisa and Dani until I felt a pair of arms around me and I went crashing to the ground. I looked up and saw Toby on top of me laughing and I did the same. We both were staring at each other for a long time until I heard a sob coming from the room.
I turned my head and saw Lisa crying on her bed with her knees to her head rocking back and forth. I quickly squirmed away from Toby and ran over to Lisa and sat next to her, pulling her into my arms.
"Shhh Lisa what's wrong?" I asked soothingly as I started rubbing her back.
"It's Ames." She said and I felt a lump in my throat and my stomach went to knots, what happened to Amy?
"What... What happened Lise? Is she okay?" I asked her honestly scared for the answer.
"I don't know, Chrissy it was bad and that was hours ago and she didn't tell me anything else, I don't know what's even happening anymore! God I should of protected her, I'm such a bad sister!" She cried into my chest and it felt as if my heart broke into a thousand pieces, I mean no way in hell is it her fault! But how badly hurt is Amy?
"Lise, it's Amy were talking about here, she's gonna be okay alright. But don't you EVER say your an awful sister because your not! You are the greatest sister anyone could ask for, you saved me from Maddy Lise, you got Christian away from Amy okay, you saved her. Amy is gonna be just fine okay?" I told her and she nodded and continued to cry into my shoulder. God I wish she didn't think it was her fault, I mean this was supposed to be the best year of her life but it's looking like the worst year in history!
I looked over at Toby who was standing there awkwardly and I shot a glance towards the door and which thankfully he understood and he walked out of the room quietly.
I layed down on Lisa's bed and Lisa did the same and I kept a protective arm around her as she rested her head on my shoulder. Moments like these I will never forget.... Ever.
We stayed like that for what felt like hours until I heard light snores and I looked down and saw Lisa asleep, good she needs some rest. I slid my arm out from underneath Lisa and quietly got up, I walked over to my bed and got a blanket and placed it over Lisa's sleeping body. I walked next to her and bent down and gave her a kiss on the forehead before walking out.
I went downstairs and saw Toby and Dani talking on the couch and by the looks of it, I guess Toby told Dani that Amy wasn't doing too hot. Once Dani saw me she got up and ran to me pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and started rubbing her back, I can't break down in front of her, I just can't let Dani see my cry, I have to be strong for her.
"Is... Is Amy gonna die Lauren? I don't want her to die! SHE'S MY SISTER! I WANT AMY!" She cried into my shirt and I held her even tighter, God this house is falling apart faster than you can say pie!
"Shh Amy isn't going anywhere Dan okay, Amy is gonna be fine, I promise." I told her and she nodded but continued to sob into my shirt. I looked over at Toby who looked confused as to what to do and then put my attention back on my crying little sister.
"Everything's gonna be okay, don't worry about it. Dan go up to your room and get some sleep okay." I told her and she nodded and hugged me tight once more before running upstairs.
I sighed and sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands. I felt a hand on my back and I looked up and saw Toby with a small smile on his face. He took his hand off my back and held open his arms and I gladly dove into them and let a few years fall.
"It's gonna be okay Laur, just like you said Amy is gonna be fine okay?" He told me and I nodded and wiped the tears away from my eyes.
"I know it's just that this year is going so bad so fast, I mean what did Amy do to deserve this? What did I do for Maddy to hate my guts? Why did my parents have to die? Why does life suck?!" I ranted to him and I heard him sigh.
"I dunno Lauren but what I do know is that everything happens for a reason, and remember your parents are watching over you okay. You handled your sisters really well, your parents would be super proud Lauren." He told me and I smiled and nodding knowing he was right, everything does happen for a reason, even if I don't understand what the reason is yet.
I hope my parents are watching over us because we need them more than ever, God I miss them so much!
"Thanks Toby, you really are a great friend." I told him and he smiled and nodded.
"Well I know you would do the same for me and besides you definitely need a friend now more than ever." He told me and I nodded, I would do the same if he was in my position.
I rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around me, I know I should probably feel a spark or whatever because a boy is holding me but I just don't, me and Toby are friends, at least I don't think I have feelings for him.
I just hope Amy is okay and that either Chris or Kath contacts one of us soon, but hey it's Amy, she's gonna be fine.... I hope.

A/N: OMG IM SOO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!! I had doubles starting last week and it didn't help that I was sick either so when I got home I just relaxed and tried to not die 😂
Tell me your thoughts on this chapter guys!! The Daurisa feels are real thoo!
Toby and Lauren or nah?
See y'all l8er!
~Nikki